Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Sorry for the silly follow up, but the clover way... is this accomplished pre or post install?

Pre install its set in your config.plist in clover graphics settings. Below is Clover Configurator graphics setting for your config.plist. As long as you use a recent version of clover and a recent version of Clover Configurator you will have the option. This option was developed by meize and Slice incorporated it into clover about 9 months ago. It is based on the Whatevergreen kext fix. It is the simplest way to enable RX cards in Sierra.

. Clover deinit..png

Sorry for the silly follow up, but the clover way... is this accomplished pre or post install?
In addition, initially it would be help to disable the Intel GPU (the 530 IGPU) in BIOS and set the RX580 as the primary graphics card.

Thank you both macnb & Gigamaxx! Getting the card today. I'll update my plist and then reboot in to the bios and disable IGPU there.

I'll post if anything goes wrong!

Unfortunately I'm not at home to look at my BIOS set up, found this image through google. I saw that in BIOS under ADVANCED, I can choose PEG as the primary. Is this the only switch I'd need to make? Or would I need to alter the IGPU Multi Monitor as well?

I attached an image of what I expect to see when I get home later....

Attachments

• ROG_Bios.JPG
    ROG_Bios.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 337
Unfortunately I'm not at home to look at my BIOS set up, found this image through google. I saw that in BIOS under ADVANCED, I can choose PEG as the primary. Is this the only switch I'd need to make? Or would I need to alter the IGPU Multi Monitor as well?

Some users leave multimonitor active so they can still get IGPU support for decoding in certain apps.

Yes choose PEG (for PCI Express Graphics).
If you enable IGPU multi monitor, then IGPU will be enabled. Whether you need IGPU or not depends on what you are planning to use the system for. If you plan to use FCPX, for example, then you will most likely want to enable the IGPU in connector-less mode as it gets used by FCPX for encoding/decoding H.264/5.
You can leave IGPU multi monitor enabled in BIOS but in Clover config.plist (Graphics->Inject->Intel=NO) should disable the IGPU.

Pre install its set in your config.plist in clover graphics settings. Below is Clover Configurator graphics setting for your config.plist. As long as you use a recent version of clover and a recent version of Clover Configurator you will have the option. This option was developed by meize and Slice incorporated it into clover about 9 months ago. It is based on the Whatevergreen kext fix. It is the simplest way to enable RX cards in Sierra.

.View attachment 336749

So I went to install the card... too long for my Micro ATX build despite many reviews saying otherwise... A case of measure twice kind of thing...

Will this RX 560 work instead?

The guide says yes OOB

So I went to install the card... too long for my Micro ATX build despite many reviews saying otherwise... A case of measure twice kind of thing...

The guide says yes OOB

No XFX RX 460-560 models have a special bios it is the only brand that won’t be compatible. XFX RX 470-580 models will work.

The XFX RX 460-560 will only work if you reflash the bios with another brand version.

The guide says yes OOB

I have that XFX RX560 in my 6700k Hackintosh, it works perfect BUT you need to flash it with a Sapphire Pulse RX560 (4GB or 2GB version, make sure it's correct) just like @Gigamaxx mentioned. Use ATIFlash under Windows, or the DOS version with admin privilege in Windows (or make a DOS boot usb and drop in the bios in the same flash folder).

You might brick your card, so beware.

I would advise you just get a Sapphire Pulse RX560 4GB or some other brand instead of dealing with vBIOS updates.

Also remember only 1 port will work, you will need to drop in nVidiaGraphicFixup.kext to activate the other ports if you have dual monitors.

Back