Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Hi guys,

I see that people are having the RX580 Pulse working OOB. Does that also apply to the 4Gb version, or is it only the 8Gb version that's working OOB?
Thanks!
Either version will work equally well OOB.

I am asking about the current status of Cape Verde cards under Sierra. I'm aware of verde.kext, also have read about the no wake from sleep workaround using Whatevergreen. But I have also read that the black screen on boot AND no wakeup from sleep issues have been addressed in current builds of Clover, and that setting Radeon deinit=true fixes both issues. However, this seems to be for 3rd & 4th generation GCN cards. Am I correct or not correct to assume that the Clover fix doesn't work on a 1st generation GCN card like my AMD Radeon HD 7770?

My first attempt at a Hackintosh is a Dell XPS 8500 with a Dell OEM 2 GB Radeon HD 7770, and I'm trying to get off to the best possible start. Everything else about this desktop is reported to be relatively painless.

I suppose I should also inquire as to whether High Sierra would make this project easer, or not.

Thanks

Hi guys, I'm prepping for my RX580 Pulse to arrive tomorrow. However (as per my signature), I have a Skylake system, so I'm naturally using the iMac17,1 ID, but currently need to use Lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixUp to have a working screen.
What do you guys suggest for my future RX580 + Skylake combo?

Thank you!

I hope this isn't a redundant question, but it probably is...

I'm currently running Sierra on my tower and am going to buy the XFX RX 580 tomorrow.
(https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xfx-am...0-graphics-card-black/6092641.p?skuId=6092641)

Any advice on getting it going? I'm currently just running the intel 530 graphics from my i7-6700k with Sierra 10.12 (not sure of the exact version since I'm at work) and clover 4522 (I believe as I just did a fresh install a month or so ago). I'm trying to avoid needing to upgrade to High Sierra at this time but will explore the option if it simplifies this process.

Thanks for any help in advance!

I hope this isn't a redundant question, but it probably is...

I'm currently running Sierra on my tower and am going to buy the XFX RX 580 tomorrow.
(https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xfx-am...0-graphics-card-black/6092641.p?skuId=6092641)

Any advice on getting it going? I'm currently just running the intel 530 graphics from my i7-6700k with Sierra 10.12 (not sure of the exact version since I'm at work) and clover 4522 (I believe as I just did a fresh install a month or so ago). I'm trying to avoid needing to upgrade to High Sierra at this time but will explore the option if it simplifies this process.

Thanks for any help in advance!

You can use clover graphics setting (rad de init). It’s easy to set in config.plist

You can also instead use lilukext and whatevergreenkext in clover kexts other folder.

So there are two ways to do it in Sierra. For high Sierra you don’t need either fix anymore.

The later versions of clover have the rad de init feature and the downloads section has the latest lilu and whatever green versions.

Sorry for the silly follow up, but the clover way... is this accomplished pre or post install?

Back