Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Only the RX 580. BIOS is set for Primary Diskpay == PEG (PCI).
Likewise. Had no problems with this card since getting it, as I was already using iMac14,2 anyway (previously owned a GTX 760). That's good to know in any case.

Running 10.13.4 (17E202) and the DPs working with SysDef iMac14,2 with RadeonDeInit=No (false) and w/o Luli & WhateverGreen kexts. Power management per Intel Power Gadget is being managed so no SSDT required for PM. Looks like I/we found the answer for using RX 580s which in my case is a Sapphire Pulse 8GB graphics card. :clap::clap::thumbup:

But will the system utilize the i7-8700K properly with iMac 14,2? I was using that SysDef before but switched to 18,3 since that was closer to my build specs. I can confirm as well that using displayport cables with 18,3 requires whatevergreen. On 14,2 it doesn't need it.

But will the system utilize the i7-8700K properly with iMac 14,2? I was using that SysDef before but switched to 18,3 since that was closer to my build specs. I can confirm as well that using displayport cables with 18,3 requires whatevergreen. On 14,2 it doesn't need it.
That's why I ran the Intel PowerGadget. So far, so good. Since I don't use professional applications, I'll let others comment on the suitability of 14,2 vs. 18,3. Hopefully, Apple will correct this problem in 10.13.5. BTW, I have no clue as to why 14,2 works and 18,3 does not.

Running 10.13.4 (17E202) and the DPs working with SysDef iMac14,2 with RadeonDeInit=No (false) and w/o Luli & WhateverGreen kexts. Power management per Intel Power Gadget is being managed so no SSDT required for PM. Looks like I/we found the answer for using RX 580s which in my case is a Sapphire Pulse 8GB graphics card. :clap::clap::thumbup:

can you run dual screen? (one of those screens DP?)

can you run dual screen? (one of those screens DP?)
Yes. All my ports are working with two monitors. I've tested 2x DP, 2x HDMI, DP and HDMI, DVI and HDMI and DVI and DP.

Hopefully, use of the 18,3 will get fixed in 10.13.5.

Reactions: qbe
I'm running a Vega Frontier Edition on a Dell T5500. It works OOB for one monitor, but I can't get it to support dual monitors. Any help? I'm running iMac 14,2 for my system and I've used Clover Configurator to manually type in the frame buffer "Kamarang" and checked off "RadeonDeInit". Still can't do dual monitors. I am trying to do 2xDP but I did try 1xDP and 1xHDMI and that still didn't work. My screen goes milky grey and my other monitor interprets a signal but just stays black.

Attachments

• config.plist
    1.8 KB · Views: 237
I'm running a Vega Frontier Edition on a Dell T5500. It works OOB for one monitor, but I can't get it to support dual monitors. Any help? I'm running iMac 14,2 for my system and I've used Clover Configurator to manually type in the frame buffer "Kamarang" and checked off "RadeonDeInit". Still can't do dual monitors. I am trying to do 2xDP but I did try 1xDP and 1xHDMI and that still didn't work. My screen goes milky grey and my other monitor interprets a signal but just stays black.

Use 10.13.4

Remove RadeonDeInit
Remove WhateverGreen

Add VegaGraphicFixup

https://github.com/jyavenard/Vega5KFixup

Use 10.13.4

Remove RadeonDeInit
Remove WhateverGreen

Add VegaGraphicFixup

https://github.com/jyavenard/Vega5KFixup
Thanks for that. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work, but on a good note instead of freezing at the boot screen and turning gray it gives me the black screen with the Apple and loads to 100% then gives two black screens.

I installed the kext along with lilu 1.2.3 in /S/L/E and updated the kext cache...should I install this in the EFI partition’s “other” folder?
I removed RDI and didn’t have WG installed.

And I’m on 10.13.4 with the latest update.

I have a 7950 incoming (bought second hand). Is there any issues I need to be aware of? like non-working HDMI audio. or DSDT patch and etc.

Thanks

Back