Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Does anyone know if whatevergreen & lilu will make a RX480 work in El Cap? I'm quite happy with 10.11, but I want a 4k compatible AMD card to replace my aging 6870...

No, I'm using 17,1
and you only need to drop lilu and whatever green kexts, noting else + You are not suppose to inject ATI either.
Try to have you config.plist as clean as possible at first. step by step add necessary changes.

Thanks. Thats where I’m stumped. Have all of those settings and still it hangs on boot.

Something triggers the graphics card, fans on the card go to high, and the screen freezes.

Last edited:
Installed a Gigabyte RX 560 gaming OC 2GB on 10.13. It works fine with Lilu & Whatevergreen.
Geekbench opencl at 81000, BruceX at 27sec, no black screen while booting.

Hey guys can we can an update as to what is working? Im looking to upgrade my dual 280x for fcpx, still on el capitan also.

I too am curious about the state of AMD cards now with High Sierra. Have been hoping that the new Vega cards would work OOB and that their performance in FCPX would be a huge leap. Haven't seen anything about it though :-/

Maybe when the new iMac Pro comes out in a few months???

@khriswithak
They work OOTB! Use by myself one and bought already a second one for Video Editing.
its not just about working, what are they benchmarks? my open cl score with dual 280x and an i7 6700 is 117869. Were looking for performance improvements not just to see if it works.

Have anyone managed to get ATI Radeon HD 5670 to work with Clover?

I am getting black screen after Apple Logo..

Advice please?

@khriswithak : What ??? You haven't seen anything about it? Sorry but then you are blind!
They work OOTB! Use by myself one and bought already a second one for Video Editing.

If you could kindly post some benchmarks / BruceX times, that would be great. I'm currently on El Capitan with a GTX 960 and I get 26 sec on BruceX. I haven't seen any scores with the AMD 560/580 on High Sierra that seem much better than that. Curious how the Vega cards do.

RX560 4GB (Gigabyte) works fine here too, with Lilu and WEgreen, gets recognised as "Radeon Pro 560 4GB" in High Sierra. No helper card needed. BruceX is 30 secs with my ageing 4.6 GHz 3770K.

Geekbench OpenCL: 78982

Last edited:
Back