Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Hi Guys,

after the update to High Sierra I have some problem with my graphic card Shappire ATI Radeon HD7770 (see attached screenshot).
I tried to use Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext but with no change.
With Sierra all worked fine. Now with HS I must boot in safe mode.

Someone has an idea how to solve this problem?

thanks!

Attachments

• Foto 29-09-17.jpeg
    Foto 29-09-17.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Hi Guys,

after the update to High Sierra I have some problem with my graphic card Shappire ATI Radeon HD7770 (see attached screenshot).
I tried to use Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext but with no change.
With Sierra all worked fine. Now with HS I must boot in safe mode.

Someone has an idea how to solve this problem?

thanks!

Fixed it!!!

Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen was already installed but is necessary to add custom bootflags "-lilubetaall radpg=15"

Now all works! :mrgreen:

I have a R9 390 from sapphire and had a lot of issues with it since High Sierra.
But I got it running.
I did the following.
- selected igpu in bios as primary
- connected the igpu to the monitor via VGA cable
- connected the r9 390 to the same monitor via HDMI
- booted with the following options in graphics section:
Injectati=yes
Id: 0x67b01002
FB: Radeon
Port: 04
Load Vbios= yes

And then for the igpu I also selected inject and changed the id:
Id: 0x12345678

Boot it up, switch to second input on the monitor, log in and it will show you 2 monitors in settings menu...I then selected the hdmi input as "main" screen.
Good luck.

Tried this method and it didn't work in HS....

For now I am giving up on getting this card to work with HS....I put my R7 270 back in and threw the 390X back into my Windows rig...

Thanks for trying to help out...I appreciate it...

Take it easy

J

Is there any solution as too electron apps are crashing on VEGA? its so annoying!

Can someone tell me best cards from AMD that are native suported by Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra ?
like 5 cards ? by power ? Thanks
I am sick of so many drivers....
There are reports that High Sierra is supporting RX 580 and Vega-56/64, all of which are expensive.

The last Nvidia graphics card natively supported by macOS was the GTX 760 and some 770s with GDDR4 memory. The newer low end Nvidia 700 series (710-740) are repackaged 600s (610-640) which are supported Newer Nvidia cards require the Nvidia drivers.

Can someone tell me best cards from AMD that are native suported by Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra ?
like 5 cards ? by power ? Thanks
I am sick of so many drivers....
If you can get RX480/580 with good price go for them. Vega still is too buggy.

I think i prefer 5xx series. ... i want to buy a 4k monitor 10 bits .... and i use my hackintosh for photo editing and Indesign ( Adobe apps ) ..... RX 580 8gb seems to be the one no ?
Yes if you can get it with good price go for it, though as you are planning to use adobe apps you might want to consider nvidia products as well, in case you can't find 580 with good price you can look for 1060.

Can anybody help me with Amd r9 290X. It doesn't work.

I don't know, what need to do with lilu.kext and whatevergreen.

Thank you in advance.

I use a splitter hdmi. Igpu to splitter by hdmi. r9 290X to splitter dmi, and hdmi to other computer (windows 2k16 server) hmdi. Spitter to monitor hdmi-dvi.

Now i have Gtx 1080 .... for Adobe it is better to use Nvidia ? .... I was thinking about AMD so i can leave Web Nvidia driver for good ....

Now i have 1080 GTX .... If Rx 580 will work good ...i prefer AMD so i can have native drivers...
Your opinion ? Thanks. As i know Adobe use Cuda ( Nvidia ) ... but how works AMD on it ?
I'd say if you already have 1080 you won't see that much difference using either one of them for adobe products, however if you were to use FCPX as I'm using I'd definitely say go for AMD.

What's your issue with nvidia's web drivers?

Can anybody help me with Amd r9 290X. It doesn't work.

I don't know, what need to do with lilu.kext and whatevergreen.

Thank you in advance.

I use a splitter hdmi. Igpu to splitter by hdmi. r9 290X to splitter dmi, and hdmi to other computer (windows 2k16 server) hmdi. Spitter to monitor hdmi-dvi.
drop them in /EFI/Clover/Kext/Other

Back