Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

How have you connected the monitors ?

I use HDMI and DVI to vga cable, maybe it’s in the way we connect it.

Yep! Same.

- I have one monitor connected via HDMI.
- The other monitor only support VGA, but the graphics card doesn't have a VGA output. I use an VGA cable and and a VGI-DVI adapter between the graphics card and the cable.

Yep! Same.

- I have one monitor connected via HDMI.
- The other monitor only support VGA, but the graphics card doesn't have a VGA output. I use an VGA cable and and a VGI-DVI adapter between the graphics card and the cable.
I think that’s our problem tomorrow I will get a dvi cable I hope this solve our problem.

Does anyone know how to get AMD firepro w7100 to work in High Sierra?
i tested it in sierra and it shows up correctly, could not test video output as my tv does not support display port connections and i don't have an adapter yet.

under High Sierra, it would not let me boot at all, i get a spinning disk. keep in mind that i'm booting with the IGFX.
so in sierra both cards show up correctly in about this mac.
i've injected ATI and loaded whatevergreen in the kext-other folder of clover, no dice

only can get to the apple logo and the bar gets halfway and then freeze.

verbose returns:
IOconsoleusers: time (0) 0->0, lin 0, ilk 1,
ioconsoleusers: gioscreenlockstate 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x8

Hi there,

I am assuming the sleep issue is still affecting all ATI Radeon cards still correct? I have a R9 290X and just upgraded from El Capitan to High Sierra. I got everything to work and the graphic card is displaying fine. But when I put the system to sleep, it will not come back to life. The graphic card never triggers the monitor again.

I've tried setting darkwake=0.

I also tried setting my integrated Intel graphic as primary. Primary Init Graphic = iGFX. Then when I boot into the OS, the screen is just blank when I'm plugged into the ATI card. I can swap to the Intel DVI port, but its just a garbled graphic.

Any insight into this would be extremely helpful.

Last edited:
I think that’s our problem tomorrow I will get a dvi cable I hope this solve our problem.

I think the DVI cable will not solve the problem. Someone in another thread had a similar problem but was connected with native DVI on both sides.

If it does indeed fix the problem in your case, then that would mean I will have to get me a new monitor.

Hi there,

I am assuming the sleep issue is still affecting all ATI Radeon cards still correct? I have a R9 290X and just upgraded from El Capitan to High Sierra. I got everything to work and the graphic card is displaying fine. But when I put the system to sleep, it will not come back to life. The graphic card never triggers the monitor again.

I've tried setting darkwake=0.

I also tried setting my integrated Intel graphic as primary. Primary Init Graphic = iGFX. Then when I boot into the OS, the screen is just blank when I'm plugged into the ATI card. I can swap to the Intel DVI port, but its just a garbled graphic.

Any insight into this would be extremely helpful.
Can you share you config. Plist??

I have a 290x too, and I can't fixed the issue. I use a dvi -hdmi wire.

I think the DVI cable will not solve the problem. Someone in another thread had a similar problem but was connected with native DVI on both sides.

If it does indeed fix the problem in your case, then that would mean I will have to get me a new monitor.
Well I got the DVI cable today, and now it is working!
The problem is I used a DVI to VGA cable.

But now I have one more problem. my second screen (left one) is now the main screen.
I want to change this but can't seem to find out how.

In the arrangement I see my two screens and the left one have the white bar above, how can I change this ?

I am so stupid just drag the white bar to the other screen, everything is working now including sound ;)

Last edited:
Can you share you config. Plist??

I have a 290x too, and I can't fixed the issue. I use a dvi -hdmi wire.

Here's my config.plist. What problem are you having? Other than the system not being able to sleep, my audio also makes popping noises. El Capitan didn't give me any issues.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 217
In the Capitan I dind't have any problem, except that the 290X boot on black Screen until login. But in High sierra I have the same problem, but it doesn't works. Always black screen.

I use a switch hdmi (for igfx, 290x, and one computer with win 2k16 Server) with the same screen. From computer to master switch i used a dvi to hdmi wire.

The only diferente between you config and mine, it's that you used imac 14,2 I used 15,1 and use in boot dart=0.

Last edited:

Hey hirow, wel it worked with the dvi cable I got it to work, have updated my Sierra to High Sierra without any problem :)

Back