Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Have you tested in windows?
Yeah, two days ago it blew away my hairdryer in the noise department..

EDIT: I tried High Sierra, HDMI Audio is fixed, but my gpus fans won't spin faster. :/

Last edited:
Hello,
today I installed HS on a second SSD, I could not get to installer unless I unplugged my second monitor.
After installing everything is working, except dual monitors.

On my Sierra it works no problem. if I boot HS I get the login screen but can't see the box to put my password in.
The second screen is also showing greenish.

If I disconnect the second screen and reboot everything works.

The card is a 270x 2Gb but it is showing as a 370X. I have the evergreen an lili kext in the other folder on EFI

My card is recognised as a Radeon Pro, do gpus use the frequencies that are used by Apple for Radeon Pros, or those that are in the bios, specific for my card?

Last edited:
My card is recognised as a Radeon Pro, do gpus use the frequencies that are used by Apple for Radeon Pros, or those that are in the bios, specific for my card?

The WhateverGreen kext assigns that name to it. What brand RX 560 are you using?

Hello,
today I installed HS on a second SSD, I could not get to installer unless I unplugged my second monitor.
After installing everything is working, except dual monitors.

On my Sierra it works no problem. if I boot HS I get the login screen but can't see the box to put my password in.
The second screen is also showing greenish.

If I disconnect the second screen and reboot everything works.

The card is a 270x 2Gb but it is showing as a 370X. I have the evergreen an lili kext in the other folder on EFI

Have you tried framebuffers in clover boot manager screen; Futomaki, or Hamachi?

Hey Gigamaxx..

I am still trying to get this damn Msi R9 390x card running in either Sierra or HS....I tried using Lilu and Whatevergreen (per your suggestion) a while back and never got those to work. The card works no problem in my Windows system...
So far I have tried using the FakeID 0x67B01002...I have InjectedAti and also made that "false"...I have tried booting with my iGPU (but could never get the 390X recognized to switch it over after booting)...so, I am at a dead end again..
Do you have any other suggestions? Don't have the cash to blow on another card right now...super frustrated

Anyway...just thought I would ask in case you could think of something else...thanks for all the help over the past month or so

J

Try with igpu enabled and no inject ATI or device IDs just use Framebuffer "Radeon". You can do this in clover boot manager screen.
Ok...I will give that a try tonight...thanks Gigamaxx! Keeping my fingers crossed...oh, should I still use the Lilu and Whatevergreen? Just want to confirm

J

Ok...I will give that a try tonight...thanks Gigamaxx! Keeping my fingers crossed...oh, should I still use the Lilu and Whatevergreen? Just want to confirm

J

Yes, use them. Someone recently set up this way and got HD8xxx 8gb. Let's hope it works.

Back