Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Thanks Saminn! Right now the VEGA 64 are selling out like hot cakes. I am definitely waiting until I can install High Sierra, before I get a VEGA. Or if somebody comes out with a good guide.

If you install High Sierra the card works out of box. Only the name needs a fix, its RX xxx but its an easy fix.

can u please tell your installation procedure, i can't get it working, it just shows the GPU name as yours info but graphics does not work, transparency effect won't start.

here are the relevant parts of config.plist (fakeid of ATI gpu to 0x665C1002 and Dont inject ATI)
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
<dict> 
    <key>FakeID</key>
    <dict>
        <key>ATI</key>
        <string>0x665C1002</string>
    </dict>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
    <key>Inject</key>
    <dict>
        <key>ATI</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>
</dict>

If you install High Sierra the card works out of box. Only the name needs a fix, its RX xxx but its an easy fix.
Thanks and good to know Gigamaxx! Now If I could only download a solid file High Sierra Beta! I have posted in the High Sierra Beta thread about the download having a stub file (sized 19MB) download to the Application Folder, but the larger (4GB) data folder download to the hard drive.

Thanks and good to know Gigamaxx! Now If I could only download a solid file High Sierra Beta! I have posted in the High Sierra Beta thread about the download having a stub file (sized 19MB) download to the Application Folder, but the larger (4GB) data folder download to the hard drive.

There is a macOS High Sierra public beta access utility you need to download. Just Google search for it...
When you run it your App Store will Auto open with the latest Beta available to download

There is a macOS High Sierra public beta access utility you need to download. Just Google search for it...
When you run it your App Store will Auto open with the latest Beta available to download
Thanks Mewannamac! I finally found out the problem. It was actually a step at the end of the installation of the 'macOS High Sierra public beta access utility', where is ask if I would like to trash the installer after the installation was complete. I always "keep" kept the App file and it would separate the downloads into the 2 files. After I agreed to "trash" the app file after the installation was complete, it downloaded the full size 5.17GB app. I also had to delete the " --nointeraction" at the end of the Terminal command that created the USB Installer.

here are the relevant parts of config.plist (fakeid of ATI gpu to 0x665C1002 and Dont inject ATI)
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
    <key>FakeID</key>
    <dict>
        <key>ATI</key>
        <string>0x665C1002</string>
    </dict>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
    <key>Inject</key>
    <dict>
        <key>ATI</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>
</dict>

oh thats new :)

I was always injecting fakeId with Ati Inject true.

Will try this tonight after office and update

Thats one serious wattage increase, from 150 to 300 for the VEGA. am using a 750 watt PSU, and I will not be overclocking anything, but would two(SAPPHIRE Radeon RX VEGA 64 DirectX 12 100410L 8GB) in dual configuration increase performance or be overkill for FCPX?

It works by the way, at least for Haswell CPUs. Dual RX Vega 64s Luxmark Bench. 2 cores 2 GPUs 1000 watts of open Cl Power.

RX Vega 64 X2.png.

It works by the way, at least for Haswell CPUs. Dual RX Vega 64s Luxmark Bench. 2 cores 2 GPUs 1000 watts of open Cl Power.
Would you have the possibility to do a FCPX BruceX benchmark in this impressive configuration?

Back