Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Can't get lilu and WhateverGreen to work for my Radeon Pro WX7100.

CSM is off, graphics set to PCIE on my Asus Maximus V Gene, but it only boots 1 of my 2 monitors as "Display 7mb"... doesn't seem to be loading any kexts.

Running High Sierra PB4
Get your card working without WhateverGreen and then worry about installing it.

For what its worth, I can't make a 7970 as second card with an RX480 and keep everything working. I can use two 7970s or two RX480s. But I cannot mix those two.

Can't get lilu and WhateverGreen to work for my Radeon Pro WX7100.

CSM is off, graphics set to PCIE on my Asus Maximus V Gene, but it only boots 1 of my 2 monitors as "Display 7mb"... doesn't seem to be loading any kexts.

Running High Sierra PB4

No you need to add them to the /EFI/Clover/kext/10.12 or /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
Since your card isn't supported natively by macOS you might need to take all the extra steps for adding the FakeDeviceID for your GPU but it won't hurt to test.

THANK YOU! This fixed my boot to black issue with Gigabyte 460!

I have clean install Sierra 10.12.6 with Saphire HD7870 and its working OOB. Never had to configure IP config list yet so it's untouched. The problem right now is black screen upon waking from sleep.

Never use IGPU as the second card and just leave on most of the time. I figure out that someday this will be fixed.

So to solve this problem I need to install the latest Lilu kext to /EFI/Clover/kext/10.12.

But what about whatevergreen how to install? I notice it's not a kext but something like a plug in.

I need to try both but a simple guide and explanation will suffice.

Thanks

Heres a weird one. I have two monitors, but OSX is generating 3 displays. It thinks a "projector" is attached, and it actually generates the pixels for this ghost screen too. In display settings, I can also see this screen. 4790k with r9 480. Any thoughts? I keep losing windows to this invisible screen:(

Hi! I have a working Hackintosh X58 build, GPU's are Nvidia G100 as helper and Sapphire RX 460 running macOS Sierra 10.12.5
tried to put Lilu kext and whatevergreen into /EFI/Clover/kext and /EFI/Clover/kext/other hoping to free up my pci-e slot but no luck as my display stuck at 50% loading.:beachball: any other way for my system? thanks in advance!:)

Back