Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Hi I have the RX480 it work well but my final cut crushes when I try to import a file of any kind(I tried even with sound)
I have to admit I am not feeling very comfortable upgrading to 10.12.4 so I am on 10.12.3 at the moment.
DOES ANYONE AS ANY IDEA OF HOW TO DEAL WITH IT?

I have your brother's solution.
Go to the system report from the top left and open the Graphics / Monitors tab click on the AMD card and look at the main screen if you are (ARGB101010) we need to change it to (ARGB8888) ..
That is why you will do this ..
You only have to download ResXtreme to open it and on the Bits / Sample tab, you will double click on the first 8 above and then you will return to the Graphics / Screens to see if the values in (ARGB8888) are changed.
That is, it was.
I just learned that the AMD card wants 8bit to work the Final cut pro x 10.3 ... and above ..
If you do, send a message to the forum that it is ok ..

Long live Greece

I have your brother's solution.
Go to the system report from the top left and open the Graphics / Monitors tab click on the AMD card and look at the main screen if you are (ARGB101010) we need to change it to (ARGB8888) ..
That is why you will do this ..
You only have to download ResXtreme to open it and on the Bits / Sample tab, you will double click on the first 8 above and then you will return to the Graphics / Screens to see if the values in (ARGB8888) are changed.
That is, it was.
I just learned that the AMD card wants 8bit to work the Final cut pro x 10.3 ... and above ..
If you do, send a message to the forum that it is ok ..

Long live Greece

thank you so much
worked so fast and like magic.
Long live humanity

thank you so much
worked so fast and like magic.
Long live humanity

So after that we tell all users hakintoshers with final cut pro x 10.3 and then make this very little effort to solve the problem with the crash of the final cut pro x 10.3.

I will agree with you .. Long live humanity

Great thread!

Anybody update to 10.12.5 yet with your AMD cards? Curious for all of our fellow AMD'rs :headbang:

Hello all Hackintosh Lovers! I'm a Yosemite-Hackintosh user, and I have all my components working fine, included my AMD R9 380X. But, I want to update to Sierra, and I can´t use my dedicated graphics card on 10.12... I set my iGPU as primary on my BIOS, but I can´t see the Clover screen using the 380x or Motherboard HDMI ports... Any idea or steps?
Thanks, and sorry for my English level

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2017-05-18 a las 18.19.04.png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-05-18 a las 18.19.04.png
    264.5 KB · Views: 200
Hi I got to work my Gigabyte RX480 G1 8GB on Sierra 10.12.5.
But I have 2 problem
1. DP not working / Only HDMI
2. HDMI Audio are work but sound like Bus station.

wen I connect DP cable actually Sierra are recognize connection also DP-Audio are connecting but show black screen.

So here is my config.plist

Is it someone who get Audio to work via HDMI ??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 22.11.36.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 22.11.36.png
    2 MB · Views: 179
  • config.plist
    8.9 KB · Views: 242
@ Adrim173
I recommend you EL Capitan. Works faster than Sierra and it's very similar except Siri, tool that I think you can avoid. 380X works very good, no black screen in that system.

Last edited:
Hi I got to work my Gigabyte RX480 G1 8GB on Sierra 10.12.5.
But I have 2 problem
1. DP not working / Only HDMI
2. HDMI Audio are work but sound like Bus station.

wen I connect DP cable actually Sierra are recognize connection also DP-Audio are connecting but show black screen.

So here is my config.plist

Is it someone who get Audio to work via HDMI ??

You can use AppleHDA Patcher v1.8
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/
and Kext Utility

I have ATI HD 5450 2GB
But graphics read 3MB only after update 10.12.4 to 10.12.5

Back