Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

@LostVector Man, seriously thank you thank you thank you!! I've been pulling my hair out checking all kinds of forums on this freaking Nvidia MST cursor glitch using the dell 5k. I would not have been able to get my AMD RX480 card to work with this display without that incredibly helpful information. I was about to give up!!

Yes ... I posted in another thread but essentially you must be sure the "none" profile is not used for your current board-id in AGDP. I figured this out by noticing that some posters with MST 4k monitors were able to get their monitors working with the macmini6,1 SMBIOS. It's not the SMBIOS per se that is special, but rather the lack of its board-id in AGDP that is the key. So I'm on iMac14,2 and it all works because I edited my AGDP Info.plist.

Anyway, this can be done several ways, but removing your board id from AGDP completely or changing the default in AGDP from "none" to a custom profile that does nothing also works. The key is that "none" is not a no-op ... it does something which kills MST support.

Great finding! I was wondering if this would also work with variants of RX 480 / RX 470 that can output 2xDisplayPort. Are you referring to FirePro W7000 only?

Also I would really appreciate some more detailed information on how to achieve that resolution.
What about sleep, will it wake to 5K again? Thanks

Great finding! I was wondering if this would also work with variants of RX 480 / RX 470 that can output 2xDisplayPort. Are you referring to FirePro W7000 only?

Also I would really appreciate some more detailed information on how to achieve that resolution.
What about sleep, will it wake to 5K again? Thanks
I've only tested with the FirePro W7000 since it's what I have. But someone else posted it worked with their RX480.

Sleep/Wake to 5K works (with the caveat that all ATI cards need a helper card of some sort at the moment).

Anyone having color flashing issues with 10.12.4?
AMD Radeon HD6790 with modified Info.plist on AMDX3000 and AMD6000Controller, was working perfectly with 10.12.3.

Anyone having color flashing issues with 10.12.4?
AMD Radeon HD6790 with modified Info.plist on AMDX3000 and AMD6000Controller, was working perfectly with 10.12.3.
yes, my hd5750 is color flashing on 12.4. It was flashing during all the betas too. Had heard of others during betas that had radeon flashing, but no solutions or comments

@LostVector So i regrettably updated to 10.12.4 and now my MST doesnt seem to be working... Everything was working with my RX480 and dell 5k prior to updating, not sure what exactly about the update broke my MST support. Would you mind sharing your AGDP plist with me?

@LostVector So i regrettably updated to 10.12.4 and now my MST doesnt seem to be working... Everything was working with my RX480 and dell 5k prior to updating, not sure what exactly about the update broke my MST support. Would you mind sharing your AGDP plist with me?
Updating OS versions overwrites the kext ... did you try just making the edits again?

Yeah, i even restored the previous version of the kext via time machine but i couldn't get it working again so I was thinking maybe I hadn't done something correctly in the first place and just got lucky with it prior to update. You just need to remove all the board-id's from the the AGDP and that should allow it to work right?

Back