Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Added a short compatibility note on XFX cards.

Some of the XFX aren't even true ATI 5770 etc I've got a ATI 5450 which is XFX and only gets seen as 5000 in OS X thought it was a frame buffer problem until i checked in windows. So i think they're poor cards compared to Sapphire and other manufactures.

The R9 380 has serious problems in OS X (will boot to black screen if it's the primary GPU).
it's a bit different case with mine.
i just installed a week ago with following gears:
- Gigabyte GA-H77N-Wifi (mini itx mobo)
- intel i7 3770k
- gigabyte R9 380 4GB RAM
at first, i have to install osx Yosemite using intel HD4000, then when everything set-up okay, i switch to R9 380 and disable Intel HD through bios. (the step of disabling intel HD through bios might not required, cmiiw) and osx recognize R9 380 OOB.
up to now, from switch the power button until osx login screen, no blank screen at all.

Last edited:
successful launch R9 390 on 10.11.2

but no hdmi audio? can help?

Attachments

• r9-390.jpg
    r9-390.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 229
  • spx.zip
    242.6 KB · Views: 67
  • iMac — Anatoliy.zip
    620.2 KB · Views: 67
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 93
But when do we get to use an Asus Radeon R9 Nano with El Capitan…?

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I have read this thread. So there is still no chance of getting a Fury Nano working? I am planning on slowly upgrading my build and one of the first things I want is a new GPU. I would ideally like a ATI in particular the Fury Nano due to better openCL performance in OS X, any hope for this GPU? People have told me that they have seen others get it working but I cannot find anything to confirm this.

Thanks

Back