Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

@tabarus: The chart says that OS X has drivers which are buggy for most people, so I wouldn't recommend it.

@hlehofer: There is no FB called "Radeon", so I'm quite surprised that this actually changes anything. The driver is supposed to use the generic "RadeonFramebuffer" (read 1st post for more information) if no or a unknown FB is injected. I guess it's a driver bug, more stable cards (7000 generation) behave differently.
AMD8000Controller.kext knows 2 framebuffers, Exmoor and Baladi. Both will most likely need a patch to match your card.

need help patching FB to allow more than two displays ...here is my specs for R9280x :
DVI: 1x Dual-Link DVI-D
HDMI: 1x version 1.4a
Mini DisplayPort: 2x version 1.2
HDCP ready: YES
RAMDAC: 400MHz
Maximum Resolution Single-Link DVI: 1920x1200
Maximum Resolution Dual-Link DVI: 2560x1600
Maximum Resolution HDMI 1.4a: 4096x3112
Maximum Resolution Mini DP 1.2: 4096x2160
Maximum Outputs Simultaneously: 4
Maximum Display support: 6 (Via DisplayPort and using the MST Hub, please refer to CSV-5300)

any combination I connect it will only allow TWO DISPLAYS..
is there a correct way to do this to get more than TWO displays ?
my displays are Apple Cinema,Apple Cinema HD, Dell ,which have DVI ports ,I am using one ACTIVE adapter to achieve 3 displays in windows 10 ,ubuntu ...the 3rd display fades in from black once I login...but Yosemite,and El capitan will only allow
TWO displays ,I tried switching smbios from mac,mini to Mac Pro 5 which is good from my desktop ...(shakes head) very frustration to not have this working ..Is this a FB issue that needs to be patched ?
any advice would be great thanks
Drone

I have an R9 380 GPU on an AsRock H61M-VS mobo with i7 3770 CPU trying to install El Capitan. Will it work?

@hlehofer Thanks for the work, it gave me a better insight into the problem. If you want to do multiple monitors, or just test for whatever reason, then you can try my patched Baladi FB on page 16.

i'm using default FB then tried MaguroS, Maguro, Junsai, OPM, , Futomaki, still only 2 screens,in sys pref.I see 3 screens just 3 screen will not work ,it's on grey but the brightness works ,strange .

I have an R9 380 GPU on an AsRock H61M-VS mobo with i7 3770 CPU trying to install El Capitan. Will it work?

I know the GPU works OOB. Not sure about the MOBO. If it's compatible then you should be fine.

I know that GPU works OOB but not sure about the MOBO. It that's compatible then you should be fine.
which you are referring to. please.

Back