Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

I checked fixregions in clover and that fixed the error I was getting in my last post, so now I can boot properly, but I still can't wake from sleep. I'll keep trying different settings but I'm losing hope.

So, 10.11.2 released, any news in ATI compatibility front ?

My just aquired R9 280X works OOB, still wake issue .

My old 6670 still working OOB with no wake issue ( and still not present in compatibility table )

Fábio Rabelo

But that's the odd thing Fl0rian, it happens on my Gigabyte z97x-ud5h-bk motherboard also. And I can wake from sleep when my
GTX 260 is installed. Bizarre right?

Hey guys! Love this thread... very very informative. Especially considering that Apple has ATI GPU or Intel.

I am wondering guys, does anyone know what driver the newest iMac 27 inch use? That machine is running a Radeon R9 M390/M395 GPU.

So is that running the x4000 Graphics Driver? I can't find that info anywhere.

I know the MacPro 6,1 uses the x4000 Driver.

The only other driver is the x3000 ( but that is for older ATI GPU's anyway).

Cheers in advance!

Yes, X4000 is providing acceleration for all recent AMD GPUs, including latest iMac.
Framebuffer stuff, display handling, full resolution support etc is split up into AMD [5,6,7,8,9]000Controller.kext.

M390 is Pitcairn (like HD 7870) so it belongs to 7000 family (just like the D[3,5,7]00 cards in nMP), while M395[X] is Tonga, so it's a 9000 family card. 8000 (Bonaire, Hawaii) isn't used in any genuine Mac.

Hi all,

I managed to get an pair of Sapphire Radeon VAPOR-X R9 280X's working with an x99-A and 5960x - running 10.10.5 and using MB/Chimera as the bootloader.

The final problem which I need to overcome is having the Dell U3415W Black 34" Curved LED Backlight Monitor run at full resolution (3440x1440) via DisplayPort @ 60Hz.

As of now, the screen remains black during the entire boot process. I can however get things to work via HDMI, but only at 50Hz (also it is incorrectly recognized as being 30.5" at a 1920x1080 resolution even though it is being displayed at full-rez and listed as such when looking up the graphics cards in the 'System Report').

Even more interestingly, when I plug a second monitor in (1920x1080), the Dell is listed under 'System Preferences > Displays', as running 3440x1440 @60Hz - even though the display is still black; mirroring the displays also has no effect on getting any kind of picture with the Dell.

I have also experimented with Mac Pro definitions 4,1 and 5,1. I'm wondering if 6,1 may have any kind of effect, but I understand that it may require some extra steps, so I figured I would hold off until doing some more research.

Lastly, I have tried entering
<key>ATI Ports</key> <string>4</string> in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist with no success.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

How does your ultrawide work when booting Windows? My husbands ultrawide (Samsung 34" 3440x1440) does not show post either. it just wakes at Windows log in. I have not tried it on my hack though.

On a different note thou, my 1440p monitor (Dell U2713H) is also acting up when I connect it with HDMI from a 7950

Back