Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

i stand in ur path please help me lol

Im afraid I can't help you out. I read some guy got it to work in El captan. But I don't know of anyone getting it to work in Yosemite the same way others have got the 290x to work patching the 8xxx and x4000 Kexts with fake id. And Baladi fb. Check on ******. That's where I saw that. Good luck!

I have the GIGABYTE R9 290X WindForce 3X OC 4GB running under OS X 10.10.3.
Works out of the Box with EFI-Boot-Partition, it is detected as AMD Radeon HD 8xxx 4096 MB.
I am currently using DVI, DP not tested.

Can anyone confirm that this card works with 10.10.4 out of the box?

MSI Graphics Cards R9 280X GAMING 3G
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FR6XPL8/

I just wanna make sure I made the right choice to change my current graphic card,
mainly for editing on FCPX.

Thanks in advance.

Not included in your chart; the HD 6670 works OOB as well. Mine does anyway. I've included the BIOS dump if you need it.

I haven't been able to get your BIOS decode working. It always returns, "rhdAtomGetDataTable: No AtomBios signature found".

Attachments

• 6670-Turks.rom.zip
    39.9 KB · Views: 241
This post is a little old, would love an update for newer os? has compatibility increased?

I am having lots of trouble trying to boot in yosemite with an ATI 6950, tried everything but canot boot without -x and even them it works without acceleration and very laggy. tried different customizes kexts but nothing. these kext fail to load at booting.

Any help would be very much appreciated been trying non stop for 3 days and about to give up and buy anothe GPU.

This post is a little old, would love an update for newer os? has compatibility increased?
This thread isn't old. The original post guide is dated 08-29-2015.

I am having lots of trouble trying to boot in yosemite with an ATI 6950, tried everything but canot boot without -x and even them it works without acceleration and very laggy. tried different customizes kexts but nothing. these kext fail to load at booting.

Any help would be very much appreciated been trying non stop for 3 days and about to give up and buy anothe GPU.
You're running an uphill battle. Apple never supported the AMD/ATI 6900 series graphics cards...that's why, when you look at Fl0r!an's guide (post #1), he states for the 6900 series cards "very buggy, not usable at all."

i know this may be stupid but i dont understand how to do this on my 390x msi .... it was automatically etected as a 8xxx which is not here .....
Perfectly normal, should work OOB with 1 screen at a time.

Can anyone confirm that this card works with 10.10.4 out of the box?

MSI Graphics Cards R9 280X GAMING 3G
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FR6XPL8/
Looks fine but way to expensive IMO. The price is already GTX 970 territory.

Not included in your chart; the HD 6670 works OOW as well. Mine does anyway. I've included the BIOS dump if you need it.

I haven't been able to get your BIOS decode working. It always returns, "rhdAtomGetDataTable: No AtomBios signature found".
Thanks, I'll update the table later and have a look at your issue.

+1, sell that card, isn't worth the trouble.

what about 5500 ?

Can confirm that this card works OOB

GIGABYTE Radeon R9 380 GV-R938G1 GAMING-4GD 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready ATX Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125793

Using Clover both DP and HDMI work in 10.10.5 OOB. HDMI audio was not tried though as I use the Onboard audio.

Back