Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

what can i do to get my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 working ?

what can i do to get my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 working ?

I guess starting by telling ppl what OS and bootloader you use is a good place to start.

Hi guys, I am running an asus r9-270 2gb (id number 0x68111002), on a Z97-mx gaming 5 having installed clover as per the official tony guide and using a config plist that worked for the motherboard in Yosemite , along with the amd7000controller and amdradeonx4000 kexts.
Unfortunately I cannot get the gpu to work. Could you please help??

Fl0rian, thank you for your prompt answer. I went ahead and mounted my efi partition via clover , I loaded the config.plist from there,
I selected Inject Ati at the Clover graphics menu , and at the Devices menu, I set a 0X6810 Ati fake id (equivalent of r9-270x) as adviced

The system booted and now shows an amd radeon r9 270 5mb as graphics... The graphics display info shows a 0x0000 device id
I presume that there is something I have missed??

Thanks in advance

The full id did the trick (0x68101002). I can't believe it was as easy as that :D:D:D:D:D

Thank you very much indeed!!!

I think you have to inject the full ID, including AMD vendor id (0x1002). Try spoofing to 0x68101002 (or the other way around, not 100% sure).

Please do,since it is much easier than one would think after reading your excellent first post :D
Coming from a linux background my first instinct was to mess with the configuration files inside the kexts, while clover does the work quite easily. Thanks again!!:headbang::headbang::headbang::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Glad I could help :)

I guess it would be a good idea to explain this in the first post, I'll add a section later.

thanks for your useful work! :)

I have an ATI Radeon HD 5750 that doesn't work.
I install El Capitan with clover bootloader.
My hackintosh recognize only 5mb on graphics memory and only resolution of 1280x1024 with no kind of accelleration.
With Clover configurator i apply
fake ID "0x68B81002"
FixDisplay and Inject ATI.
In Graphics > FB name I put Vervet.
Save, reboot but the same issues. In info it's written: ATI Radeon HD 5750 series 5 mb.
It's impossibile to use computer in this way.
Where do I fail? can someone help me?
Thanks

Back