Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Updated first post because of AMD related sleep/wake problems. Just verified today that it's clearly Hackintosh only (same GPU works perfectly fine in genuine MacPro), so we shouldn't wait for Apple to fix this.

Injection seems to be broken, too: OS X will boot into a black screen as soon as I use Hamachi with my R9 280 (works fine on real Mac).

I'll look into both issues when I find the time, more information is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/170781-no-display-usb-after-wake-10-11-a.html

I've posted ioreg dumps into that thread, if someone is curious...

i HAVE R9 380 NITRO 4GB. After Installing El Cap with Unibeast when i reboot the machine i cant see the os x. instead im seeing a verbus mode when it stuck there.
Please Help

I just tried 7850 and it does not work, same black screen issue as 7750.

Please update the table!

Edit by Fl0rian: Sorry for messing up your post, hit the wrong button in a hurry.

Both !

I have 2 Hard disks, one with Yosemite in production ( Samsung 840 SSD ), and another with El Capitan in test ( WD Caviar Green ) .

No injection, pure Unibeast 6.0.1 .

This system are running with my old HD 5770 for now .

Fábio Rabelo

Okay... I'm a bit surprised by that, had a HD 7870 in my Yosemite machine just last week (uses exactly the same driver), worked flawlessly.

Did you check what happens when using AtiInject=True? Tried other ports? Does the display turn on when you sleep&wake the machine, or after hot plugging the monitor?
Which make is your card?

Yes, for test I generate 2 boot drives, one with atiinject=thrue and another without it .

Both are same type and model, Sandisk Cruiser Fit .

Behavior are exactly the described in blanck screen thread, boot starts ok, bar goes on, but, after a quick image blink, when the full resolution appears with HD 5770, in the 7750 and with the 7850 the screen goes black .

Both cards are Sapphire made ( the only one I use in my builds )

With HDMI, same .

I no longer have a DVI monitor, so this test I can not give you, sorry .

And, just a side story, a friend of mine have a legacy system, some Gigabyte G41, with a Radeon HD 6670, that Sapphire with passive cooling, and it is working fine out of the box with DP in a Dell 4K monitor .

Yout table do not show this card, not working or anyway ....

Fábio Rabelo

Right now I do not have time for this, thats why I put back to work my old 5770 .

When I have some time to spare, I will try it ...

Fábio Rabelo

Back