Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8gb
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi! i have an XFX GTS XXX ED RX 580 8GB OC+ [RX-580P8DFD6] (With also nitro bios) and im unable to boot mojave and high sierra. or maybe i will not get DVI - HDMI output.
Tried this post-2123774 without success. Any suggestion
I couldn't get it to boot High Sierra or Mojave either, just Sierra but with the wrong VRAM and monitor recognition. Catalina works with no ATIinjections but Lilu and WEG in the in the kext/other folder. I was quite surprise anything works after two weeks of trying.

Motherboard
I still didn't
CPU
read the
Graphics
Rules
HDMI definitely did not work but I was able to finally get it to boot with acceleration via DP. Here's what I did since I last posted:
  • Booted into single user mode and removed old Multibeast kexts from /L/E
  • Updated Clover to 5114
  • Incidentally stupid Windows 10 update wiped my Clover UEFI boot manager and I had to recreate it.
  • Latest WEG, Lilu, FakeSMC, ALC to EFI/C/k/O
  • Changed SMBIOS from iMac14,2 to iMacPro1,1
  • agdpmod=pikera (my previous post had it as agdpmode but I don't remember if I actually tried with e or without, probably doesn't matter anyways since WEG 1.3.8 should take care of it but who knows)
It's likely that SMBIOS version was the culprit, and your suggestion of MacPro6,1 probably would have worked too.

So far everything seems to be in a good shape and stable.
Thanks a lot hammerhat, It’s solved my Sapphire RX 570 Black Screen!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU
i7 930
Graphics
HD7870
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am having problems getting acceleration with HD7870 on Mojave.
I also notice that even though System Info shows the correct card, but upon running IORegistryExplorer, it show that it is using X4000.kext.
Could this be the main issue? If it is, how do I go about changing this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Vega 64 issues....(it has to be....)
whenever I play a video on youtube or a game or both out of the 2 monitors ill get a random freeze, black screen that forces me to do a hard reset to my machine.

What the hell is causing this... I can be designing in Adobe CC all day and night but when I do something that uses my GPU I run the risk of my comp taking a dump, and its random.. it could be 5 min into it or 2 hours.

any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 7, i9-9900K, Vega 64 Mojave

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
Intel i7-3770K 3.50GHz
Graphics
Asus AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
HELP !
Asus AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, Cant make it work after installation on Catalina.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
Intel i7-3770K 3.50GHz
Graphics
Asus AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
After Clean Catalina 10.15.5 Install everything goes right with the on board graphics, but when I insert my new Asus RX 5700 XT OC 8GB GDDR6, goes to black screen on boot.
Im new on it, I use Hackintosh for a long time cause a friend use to help me on install. Now, on my own, Im stack !
Please help !

Motherboard
2x Gigabyte GA-PM55-UD2
CPU
2x i7-860
Graphics
2x RX 560
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Hi,
what do I have to do, to "change" the third (DVI) connector on my Gigabyte Radeon RX560 OC 4G, so that it works (it's actual recognized, but black). It seems to be shown as LVDS in Hackintool, but my MB is too old, so Hackintool doesn't support it. I'm using latest Mojave.
Any hints?
Thanx a lot in advance.

Last edited: