i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Poltergeist?
Thought it was cable length related, but looks like port 3 is possessed (next to HDMI).

I wonder if its AMD BIOS related and not just Apple...purple lines and dp audio glitch as well.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Thought it was cable length related, but looks like port 3 is possessed (next to HDMI).

I wonder if its AMD BIOS related and not just Apple...purple lines and dp audio glitch as well.
Purple lines are happening to most AMD cards in Mojave 14.5 its weird, I've seen the multiple apples on IGPU boot but that looks really distorted.

Motherboard
ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Purple lines are happening to most AMD cards in Mojave 14.5 its weird, I've seen the multiple apples on IGPU boot but that looks really distorted.
Yeah I think it might be AMD related too, not just Apple.

Those distortions happen only on the 3rd DisplayPort, not the first 2. Those kinds of glitches used to happen to me too with iGPUs.

Really really weird I hope this stuff is fixed, it'll make the setup close to perfect.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Mamimus XI Hero (Wifi)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
No speed increase with Vega 64?
Swapped out my RX580 for new Sapphire Vega 64. Did nothing but swap cards. Boots OK, but getting exactly the same results in Valley, FCPX, Geekbench, cinebench etc with the Vega as I did with the 580. No speed increase at all; no detectable difference

did a bit of snooping in my nvram.plist (emulation required by the mobo) and found
nvda_drv. 3100
<data>
MQA=
</data>
was surprised to see ref to nvidia at all. should that change for Radeon Vega?

Would love to get full value from my new Vega whatever it takes!

Any suggestions?
(Running Mojave 10.14.5)

Motherboard
Asus H110M-C for OEM
CPU
Intel Pentium G4400
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 510/XFX Rx 460
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro

Hi, does anyone here got this panic when trying to use 10.14.6 developer beta2? I Have an XFX RX 460 btw.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
View attachment 412767
Hi, does anyone here got this panic when trying to use 10.14.6 developer beta2? I Have an XFX RX 460 btw.
XFX RX 460-560 have incompatible vbios. TechPowerup site has info to reflash the vbios to a Sapphire model.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
No speed increase with Vega 64?
Swapped out my RX580 for new Sapphire Vega 64. Did nothing but swap cards. Boots OK, but getting exactly the same results in Valley, FCPX, Geekbench, cinebench etc with the Vega as I did with the 580. No speed increase at all; no detectable difference

did a bit of snooping in my nvram.plist (emulation required by the mobo) and found
nvda_drv. 3100
<data>
MQA=
</data>
was surprised to see ref to nvidia at all. should that change for Radeon Vega?

Would love to get full value from my new Vega whatever it takes!

Any suggestions?
(Running Mojave 10.14.5)
Don't need to inject anything for Vega, it's supported natively.

Just add WhateverGreen/Lilu for additional port support and things like Shiki, etc.

You should see significant speed increase from Polaris to Vega in FCPX, etc.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Mamimus XI Hero (Wifi)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you. That's what I thought.

Now I'm seriously confused then as to why the Vega is performing exactly like the RX580. Further, I went into my NVRAM.plist and -deleted- this entry:

<key>nvda_drv</key>
<data>
MQA=
</data>

Rebooted, and the entry has been -added back- into the nvram.plist.

That means nvda_drv has a non-zero value, so perhaps the OS is trying to load some default Nvidia driver?

Why is this entry there, and added back if I delete it? Could there be something in my config.plist doing this? Some driver that should not be loaded?

This is weird. Any suggestions on where to start looking or debugging this?

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you. That's what I thought.

Now I'm seriously confused then as to why the Vega is performing exactly like the RX580. Further, I went into my NVRAM.plist and -deleted- this entry:

<key>nvda_drv</key>
<data>
MQA=
</data>

Rebooted, and the entry has been -added back- into the nvram.plist.

That means nvda_drv has a non-zero value, so perhaps the OS is trying to load some default Nvidia driver?

Why is this entry there, and added back if I delete it? Could there be something in my config.plist doing this? Some driver that should not be loaded?

This is weird. Any suggestions on where to start looking or debugging this?
Did you have WebDrivers installed prior? Try to see if you can delete all your previous NVIDIA remnants from the system.

I don't have access to your EFI folder so I don't know exactly how you have configured it, but I would also suggest deleting the NVRAM cache (it seems like you're emulating NVRAM via EmuVariableUefi-64.efi?)...for your board, from a quick search, it seems to support NVRAM natively so no need to emulate it. You will only need AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.