Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Would be interesting to know what the Vega 64X is in the new updated Mac Pro. Doesn't seem like it's a Radeon VII since the Radeon VII has 27.7 TFLOPs for Half Precision and 13.8 TFLOPs for Single Precision and 60 CU's (hence the name Vega 64 for 64 CUs)

User bsbeamer may have the best clue. He posted on the MacRumors.com forum.

Would be interesting to know what the Vega 64X is in the new updated Mac Pro. Doesn't seem like it's a Radeon VII since the Radeon VII has 27.7 TFLOPs for Half Precision and 13.8 TFLOPs for Single Precision and 60 CU's (hence the name Vega 64 for 64 CUs)

it is another $150 of your money in Apples pocket!

User bsbeamer may have the best clue. He posted on the MacRumors.com forum.

Ooh that's interesting. It says 7nm...so it must be a cutdown version with less memory bandwidth of Radeon VII? (since from Apple specs it has less TFLOPs). The Radeon VII is basically a reused die from MI50.

Hopefully we'll find out next week as .4 final is imminent for Mojave.

I just bought a Radeon VII to replace the Vega FE, waiting on macOS support to go ahead with the swap. Also waiting for EKWB waterblock.

it is another $150 of your money in Apples pocket!

Haha yeah, Apple has went overboard with the pricing lately. Really desperate attempt at recouping at the bottom line. The top end MacBook Pro is like $5,000 with a midrange SSD, top end MBPs used to cost $3500 max.

Last edited:
Do we still need to inject ATI when loading VBIOS with Clover? Trying to load Sapphire RX-590 Nitro VBIOS for XFX RX-590 Fatboy.

Wasn't sure what to do with all the changes a la Lillu + WhatEverGreen

Thank you.

No, it will work OOB. No need for any injections.

You don't even need WG + Lilu, but it's recommended to open up all the GPU ports and DRM fixes.

Wait, are you saying the XFX 590 works OOB? I thought XFX had issues with Hackintoshes?

Sorry didn't realize you had XFX.

On another build I had a XFX RX560 and I flashed it to a Sapphire.

For some reason XFX has issues with macOS.

Ok, so the original question remains, do I need to use inject ATI when using the Load Vbios option in Clover?

No. No need to inject anything past later versions of high Sierra.

Also what do you mean load vbios. Avoid any extra things. Because these cards work oob.

Back