Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Some improvements :
I can now boot both screens connected (before I had two black screens at the Apple logo after verbose)
It starts on the DP monitor : Mobo then Clover then verbose
And switches on the other monitor (HDMI) with the Apple logo, the DP monitor stay black and is not recognized
And I cannot boot if the DP port is not used, otherwise I get a black screen after verbose (at apple logo)

All I did was removing the patched DDST and SSDT files in EFI, uncheck fixDisplay and removing ATI connector patch

The config file

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.2 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

Good news.

Did you also notice this?

5. Playback of HDCP-protected content from iTunes and some streaming services is not supported on displays attached to Radeon 560-based eGPUs. You can play this content on the built-in display on MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and iMac.

Did you also notice this?

5. Playback of HDCP-protected content from iTunes and some streaming services is not supported on displays attached to Radeon 560-based eGPUs. You can play this content on the built-in display on MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and iMac.

I bet if you put in WhateverGreen.kext even in a real Mac (or a Hackintosh) it will enable it since there's Shiki in latest versions of WG.

I bet if you put in WhateverGreen.kext even in a real Mac (or a Hackintosh) it will enable it since there's Shiki in latest versions of WG.

I would have preferred that your post informed us that The Radeon VII was now supported! : )

I would have preferred that your post informed us that The Radeon VII was now supported! : )

It should be soon, don't worry. :)

Apple already dug a hole by supporting eGPUs officially, I doubt they will skip Radeon VII. Most likely it's going to power their upcoming Mac Pros and iMac Pro refreshes (if they ever do that).

And on top of it all, Vega 56/64 will be discontinued soon anyway because Radeon VII will replace it.

It should be soon, don't worry. :)

Apple already dug a hole by supporting eGPUs officially, I doubt they will skip Radeon VII. Most likely it's going to power their upcoming Mac Pros and iMac Pro refreshes (if they ever do that).

And on top of it all, Vega 56/64 will be discontinued soon anyway because Radeon VII will replace it.

Not like there are any cards anyways I got an email at 7:59am from AMD while I was in the shower, when I got out of the shower at 8:30am the cards were gone already.

I'm having a problem with the R9 380X. The card works fine with Lilu + WEG. Sleep and wake is okay, Multiscreen is okay (via HDMI and DP). But unfortunately the card is not showing in HWSensor. I've tried several versions of HWsensor and gpuSensor plugin but still no luck. Is my card incompatible or unable to monitoring?

Back