Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Erase the ACPI/Origins entries. Have you tested without the DSDT in ACPI/Patched?
Thanks for reply
Removed all ACPI Origins and without DSDT file no changes

You don't say which RX 580 that you own - if it is an RX 580 22048 - then it is a re-badged RX570 for Chinese market.

For 4K 60Hz use an "active Displayport adaptor"from your GPU to the HDMI port on your monitor.

Apple have only just released an HDMI 2.0 supported device, with the newest Mac Mini, which was released with a factory release of the OS to support the HDMI 2.0 port. It is not yet known, which Apple models that we may be able use to run macOS in the CustoMac/hackintosh world - would a iMac system definition support HDMI 2.0? We will probably start finding out once 10.14.2 has a public release

My monitor runs at 4K 60Hz with RX 580 using HDMI 2.0, Mojave 14.1, iMac 17 SMBIOS selected in Clover. the RX 580 is from Gigabyte, 8GB Gaming model.
No settings in config.plist, just Lilu and WhatEverGreen in /other.

Hi all
I update to Mojave 10.14.1, and replaced my graphics card from GTX 750 Ti to Gigabyte Aorus RX 570. When I boot with RX 570, the system completely boot but with black screen. When I hit any keyboard button, I hear (frog sound) but with no video shows. I'm trying to change other DisplayPort but no changes. Same thing with USB boot. If I hold power button, system went to sleep. I press it again to wake up monitor comes up.
I'm using Lilu WEG with no changes.
Any fixes for this?
(Sorry for My English)
I had a similar problem with an RX 570 nitro+ then I reinstalled Mojave with internal graphics enabled and monitor plugged to the Radeon dp with no issue except for low color depth. In graphics section of clover configuration I have only set injectIntel and ig-device-Id

So what's the best way to run Rx560 these days? I have it as secondary in bios in mac 18 with gfx0>igpu pegp>gfx0, with 0x59120003 to disable ports. It seems to be working for quicksync and such in high sierra. This is with z270 + 7700k

Last edited:
I can’t, for the life of me, get a Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 Gaming 4G https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125966to work properly in my computer. I've been at it all week. With no Lilu or WEG, or anything graphics related checked in config.plist, I have no problem booting other than the usual flash at second stage. If I check Inject ATI=YES then I can see in preboot.log that the Dayman framebuffer is being used.

The problem is graphics on screen aren't great and contain odd artifacts especially at small text sizes. (See brownish artifacts in image below.)

IMG_3152.JPG

Also, in display preferences, it would seen that my Dell U2715H monitor is being recognized as a TV. I cannot switch it to a normal 60Hz setting. The monitor is also set at YPbPr and not RGB.

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 11.49.08 PM.jpg

I am pretty sure this is the root of the problem but have no idea how to fix. I am using a brand new DP to DP cable BTW.

I am crazy frustrated by it and if I cannot get it to work, I will return this card and go back to my trusty Nvidia GTX 750 Ti which has been working flawlessly. The only reason I decided to go AMD is because there are no Nvidia drivers for Mojave. I am still on High Sierra, but at some point I will have to update.

I really hope someone can help me. Attached is IOREG and preboot.log and the cards ROM.

Attachments

• Mac Pro.ioreg
    8.2 MB · Views: 125
  • preboot.log-12-05.txt
    28.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 1002_67df_22f71458.rom.zip
    44.1 KB · Views: 85
Hello , i would like to buy a

Gigabyte Windforce R9 280 (non-X) for a MacPro 1.1

Could someone please provide me with a working a MacEFI as i would like to learn to flash the card to get the BootScreens and maximum port availability. I would be running Lion 10.7.5 and Mavericks 10.9.1 or 10.9.3 (plus sporadically Snow Leopard).

Thank you very much.

Back