Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Hi guys, I'm planning to replace my GTX 1060 6GB, working great on HS 10.13.6 with the Sapphire Radeon RX580 Nitro+ 8GB.

MY question is, does it have support for pre OS boot screens? I use the newest kexts (Whatevergreen / Lilu) with my GTX 1060. I plan to swap the cards, then update to Mojave, but I was wondering how the functionality will affect my success.

Please advise, thanks!

Yes it will show the bios and clover menu screens. Make sure to uninstall the web drivers before you convert.

Yes it will show the bios and clover menu screens. Make sure to uninstall the web drivers before you convert.

I'm planning to replace my 1070TI with the RX580 as I'd like to drop using Nvida web drivers. I will follow the same process, uninstalling web drivers before and backing up etc. Hope it works ok. I'm currently on 10.13.4 but aim to be on 10.13.6 before I swap cards. I'm thinking of the ASUS Radeon ROG-STRIX-RX580 as the Asus cards have their own fan controller meaning the fans supposedly don't kick in until after 55 degrees. So should be silent most of the time. https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...00k_asus_rx_580_asus_z370g/e4tvraa/?context=3

Hi guys, I have Sapphire Radeon RX580 Nitro+ 8GB. In mojave i removed whatevergreen and lilu but after that only HDMI ports are working. What can i do to make DP ports to work? In clover configurator i did not set Radeon de init to on or inject ATI.

Last edited:

Thanks! I hope to get to installation of the card next week. Can I ask you to take a look at my EFI folder + HW specs and suggest if I have the right setting before swapping my cards? Thanks!

Hi guys, I have Sapphire Radeon RX580 Nitro+ 8GB. In mojave i removed whatevergreen and lilu but after that only HDMI ports are working. What can i do to make DP ports to work? In clover configurator i did not set Radeon de init to on or inject ATI.

If it worked with WhateverGreen, why do you want to remove WhateverGreen?

iTunes gives me some troubles when i play video.And other ppl reports that card is working without this kexts.

iTunes DRM won't be fixed by removing these kexts. Please see this thread regarding iTunes. WhateverGreen has integrated Shiki.

Has anyone been able to get full res on clover menu with a 21:9 3840x1600 Display with an AMD card?

I have CSM disabled, so at least it isn't stretched.

The BIOS and Apple logo (I have verbose disabled) aspect ratio is fine, but of course it's not running at the right resolution so it's a bit soft.

Others have mentioned that on a similar ultrawide display with an NVIDIA card, it doesn't have this problem.

Is there a way to modify Vega cards to have this support in the vBIOS?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 1.26.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 1.26.00 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 164
Do you guys have transparency problems using RX560 in macOS Mojave?

I am considering building a hackintosh with my first ATI card, in this case a Radeon 360 (2GB). Here in the thread but also by googling a bit I find people saying that those cards (360/370/380) support only one monitor on a hack. Is this still true? No dual screen support at all?

Back