1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I do not have a black screen issue, i have KP. On iMac16.2. When i change it back to iMac14.2, no problem.
And the answer is...(Ta Tah!)...use iMac14,2. It won't hurt a thing and that system definition just seems to work.

I was running an iMac18,3 in MyHero II, but the 10.13.4 Supplemental Update or the Security Update knocked out the capability to use the DP ports on my 580 graphics card. So, I just happen to read that one person was using the 14,2 and had use of DP ports. So, I tried the oldie, but goodie 14,2, and it works!

Bottom-line...stick with the 14,2. Power management works fine.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I
CPU
i9-9900K OC 5GHz
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
And the answer is...(Ta Tah!)...use iMac14,2. It won't hurt a thing and that system definition just seems to work.

I was running an iMac18,3 in MyHero II, but the 10.13.4 Supplemental Update or the Security Update knocked out the capability to use the DP ports on my 580 graphics card. So, I just happen to read that one person was using the 14,2 and had use of DP ports. So, I tried the oldie, but goodie 14,2, and it works!

The problem is that if you change SMBIOS you then have to generate another serial and configure again all the iCloud services including iMessage (I guess). I did it several times when I was setting up and it's very boring because it logged me out from iMessage on the other devices and I had to pay several times in order to associate my phone number to iMessage.
At the moment I'm using the iMac18,3 as SMBIOS with Lilu and WhateverGreen and it works fine. I'll try to boot without them once macOS 10.13.5 will be released since you said that that version fixes DP output for this SMBIOS.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The problem is that if you change SMBIOS you then have to generate another serial and configure again all the iCloud services including iMessage (I guess). I did it several times when I was setting up and it's very boring because it logged me out from iMessage on the other devices and I had to pay several times in order to associate my phone number to iMessage.
At the moment I'm using the iMac18,3 as SMBIOS with Lilu and WhateverGreen and it works fine. I'll try to boot without them once macOS 10.13.5 will be released since you said that that version fixes DP output for this SMBIOS.
Good point with respect to iMessage. Access to iCloud and the MAS still works. However, since I'm never far from my iPhone and I seldom get or send text messages, I never bothered to sync up my system to iMessages.

But, I have my DP ports back. I kinda like that since I have a 4K monitor. :thumbup:

Motherboard
Asus Z97i-PLUS
CPU
Intel i5-5675C
Graphics
Iris Pro 6200 + AMD RX VEGA64 REF
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

Hehehe..:D

Currently, that's what I am using, 14,2, but I built this system for 16,2, so its a little bit annoying.

But, I had no problem, expect, that I cant play that game on macOS that I am mostly playing. So I still have to log back to Windows, every day.... But that's the problem with the game wrapper.

By the way, does any of you know a way to under volt/OC/ control how my VEGA64 is working? Even like Wattman on Windows (or OverDriveNTool, or Afterburner (don't like it) or Trixx)?

In Windows the default voltages too high, and because of that, the card overheating itself very easily, and I try to check this on macOS, but have no idea about software...

Motherboard
Asus Z97i-PLUS
CPU
Intel i5-5675C
Graphics
Iris Pro 6200 + AMD RX VEGA64 REF
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
To those, who have a RX Vega64 (or 56), does the 4K 60Hz option show up under display settings? For me only the 4K 30 Hz shows up. In windows it is working good but I am not sure where is the problem. Maybe the EDID wrong, or something else?

Why its interesting is, that I tried to set up that HighDPI modes, and I didn't get anywhere fix until now.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
So, I just updated to 10.13.5, and everything went fine, except....

HDMI audio, after the 10.13.5 update, is dead. I am testing an XFX Radeon Vega 64, just so you know, and it and HDMI audio was working just fine with 10.13.3 and even 10.13.4. I've tried a new AppleALC, tried to build a new SSDT-HDMI.aml, tried reverting to the previous AppleHDA, tried a bunch of things, and it's a no-go. If anyone else knows anything about this, please post or PM me.

Booting back into 10.13.4 and the HDMI audio on the Vega works.....

Motherboard
Asrock B365M Phantom Gaming
CPU
i5-9600KF
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
To those, who have a RX Vega64 (or 56), does the 4K 60Hz option show up under display settings? For me only the 4K 30 Hz shows up. In windows it is working good but I am not sure where is the problem. Maybe the EDID wrong, or something else?

Why its interesting is, that I tried to set up that HighDPI modes, and I didn't get anywhere fix until now.

Ma' boy use HDMI 2.0 cable or display port 1.2 for 4k 60Hz, check monitor menu to enable.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
So, I just updated to 10.13.5, and everything went fine, except....

HDMI audio, after the 10.13.5 update, is dead. I am testing an XFX Radeon Vega 64, just so you know, and it and HDMI audio was working just fine with 10.13.3 and even 10.13.4. I've tried a new AppleALC, tried to build a new SSDT-HDMI.aml, tried reverting to the previous AppleHDA, tried a bunch of things, and it's a no-go. If anyone else knows anything about this, please post or PM me.

Booting back into 10.13.4 and the HDMI audio on the Vega works.....

Okay, so someone pointed to a potential problem with 10.13.5 and .6 betas......apparently, a kext that should load, doesn't, and that causes HDMI audio to fail. Don't know if it is a general issue affecting all Macs or specific to Hackintoshes.......here's the post from the user @unklemac ........https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-hdmi-auidio-after-10-13-5-update.253369/.....post #5

Motherboard
MSI B250M PRO-VHD
CPU
i3-7100
Graphics
RX 570
Okay, so someone pointed to a potential problem with 10.13.5 and .6 betas......apparently, a kext that should load, doesn't, and that causes HDMI audio to fail. Don't know if it is a general issue affecting all Macs or specific to Hackintoshes.......here's the post from the user @unklemac ........https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-hdmi-auidio-after-10-13-5-update.253369/.....post #5

For AMD RX GPUs, from 10.13.5 up DP/HDMI audio should provided by AppleGFXHDA instead of AppleHDA, see below png.
upload_2018-6-4_19-30-52.png

Issue may caused by some device-ids missing in AppleGFXHDA info.plist, inject your DP/HDMI audio ID to AppleGFXHDA info.plist may work.