Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

How does your ultrawide work when booting Windows? My husbands ultrawide (Samsung 34" 3440x1440) does not show post either. it just wakes at Windows log in. I have not tried it on my hack though.

On a different note thou, my 1440p monitor (Dell U2713H) is also acting up when I connect it with HDMI from a 7950

I will try out when I install Windows in a couple days; I need to install a Thunderbolt driver anyway - so will check back in with my results. Thank you for your interest!

I switched to a Gigabyte R9 280x (GV-R928XOC-3GD (rev. 2.0)) and it works well, no issues so far. Nothing to be done in Clover, just plug the card in and it works.

Edit: Sometimes monitor loses signal after verbose boot and I have to re-plug the mDP cable for it to get the signal back. Hmm.

I just got a Gigabyte r9 390 and I've had no luck getting it working properly, worst part is that my old mobo (MSI P35neo2) won't load Clover so I can't fakeid the card since I'm stuck with Enoch bootloader, that's a chameleon fork. Tried with 10.9.5 and 10.11.2.
I can still use my 6450 OOB, but opening the system and changing cards every time I load up OSX isn't my idea of a good time. Is there any way to fakeid using chameleon? Or can I alter the kext's to make it work? I tried changing device id 0x67B01002 in AMD8000 and AMDRadeonX4000 to 0x67B11002 and loaded with AtiConfig=Balari and still no luck. Since only one number has to be changed I would think that wouldn't be a problem for the system to handle, my question is if there are other files that I need to change as well. Or, if there actually is a way to fakeid with chameleon.

As far as I know, neither Chameleon nor its branches can spoof device IDs.

What you can do is modifying the device Ids inside the kext's plist files. Your approach looks fine to me, I guess you just didn't repair permissions afterwards so the kexts can't be loaded (that should be logged somewhere).
Besides that, I wouldn't specify any framebuffer, it's very unlikely that it'll match without further patches.

Are you sure that Clover does not work with P35 ? I did installed it on a Q35, and it did work well ...
No, I did not need device spoof, this system have an ATI HD5770, it work OOB .
But, if boot works, why not device spoofing ??

You were right Fl0rian, kext permission and/or kext cache was the problem. I installed the kext's with edited Info.plist using KextBeast, restarted and the driver is working, thank you so much :D

l5YHC66.png

Well, I don't have much experience with clover, but I did spend couple of hours trying to get it working yesterday and although I eventually did get it past ACPI driver error, I was still hanging at PCI Configuration Begin. It might work given couple of more hours of work, but unfortunately I have to tend to my RL as well. :banghead:

I just got a Gigabyte r9 390

Does the card work well for you now after you added IDs to the kext?
The Hawaii driver does not crash/get hung on your PC?

I had to swap my 390 for a 280x because the driver was crashing and driving me nuts.

Time will have to tell, it doesn't wake from sleep, but other then that it seems fine, note that I've only been using it for a couple of hours now. I'll notify if it gives me any more trouble, but I only use OSX when working with multimedia and I have a short Christmas vacation now so I probably won't be able to get into much testing.
Update: There was one other problem that came with the driver, I've had it before so I wasn't sure if it was the driver or not, but it it didn't occur with this installation until I managed to load the driver. Shut Down doesn't work, but that's not really a issue because I have Terminal in the Dock. If it doesn't shut down, I just load up Terminal and type: sudo shutdown -h now. If I want to restart its: sudo shutdown -r now. This is normal procedure on Linux so don't be afraid to use it, the shutdown command does normal shutdown.

I switched to a Gigabyte R9 280x (GV-R928XOC-3GD (rev. 2.0)) and it works well, no issues so far. Nothing to be done in Clover, just plug the card in and it works.

Edit: Sometimes monitor loses signal after verbose boot and I have to re-plug the mDP cable for it to get the signal back. Hmm.

Does your hackintosh have issues when putting it to sleep and waking it up?

Does your hackintosh have issues when putting it to sleep and waking it up?

Yes, it seems to happen on all AMD cards in El Capitan except on 5xxx series even thought there is a guy which claims it also happens on his 5450. There is also one guy which claims he has not this issue on a 290x, which is weird.

Back