- Dec 14, 2016
- Asus Prime z370 A-II
- Radeon VII
- Mobile Phone
I think starting point is important. I did update from working sierra to high sierra.
Then I updated nvidia drivers without any problem.
When I've decided switch to AMD, I've done following:
1. Uninstall Nvidia drivers (Click at "uninstall" button on nvidia preferences panel)
2. Add Lilu and WhateverGreen kext. I've downloaded last version of these kext from github.
3. Add these kexts to /kext/Other folder on EFI partition.
4. Change SMBIOS from 14,2 to 6,1, add nv_disable=1, Inject Kexts = YES (System Parameters tab)
5. Updated motherboard bios
6. In bios I've choosed only PCI videos
So, that's all. I've attached my config.plist, try it.
Thanks, very helpful!
When you added the AMD card, you were running High Sierra already or you did it before the update?
Any other AMD kexts in your setup?
I feel like I’m really close but am missing something simple. If I put my Nvidia back with no drivers installed, it boots. Swap it with the AMD 580 (with lilu and whatevergreen), it hangs. It’s like it’s trying to initialize the card but fails.