Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Motherboard
Z77X-UD3H
CPU
Graphics
Asus Strix RX 560 4G
Thanks again for the help.

Same results. With the IPGU works fine, but with the 290X, black Screen, no image.

Try putting -lilubeta and -radbeta in bootflag. I my system, those bootflags solved the black screen problem.
Hope it help! :D

Motherboard
Asus Prime z370 A-II
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ugg, I’m stuck. Trying to switch to an XFX RX580 from a 1080TI.

High Sierra 10.13 hangs on boot in black screen. Added the lilu and whatevergreen kexts. MacPro 6,1.

Does this work with 10.13 latest version? Not sure what to try next.

I was hoping it would be easier than fixing the Nvidia problems but so far about the same.

Motherboard
EVGA-Z370 FTW
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
PowerColor 5600 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Try putting -lilubeta and -radbeta in bootflag. I my system, those bootflags solved the black screen problem.
Hope it help! :D

Same result. Black screen. :banghead:

Motherboard
Asus P5LP-LE
CPU
Core 2 Duo
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GT 640
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Same result. Black screen. :banghead:

Have you tried -lilubetaall along with -radbeta and PCIE as primary if those don't help just remove lilu and whatevergreen and patch the frame buffer connectors that's what I had to do for my HD 7970 lilu and whatevergreen just couldn't do it at least not with my multi monitor setup would work for one monitor but not the others

Motherboard
EVGA-Z370 FTW
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
PowerColor 5600 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Have you tried -lilubetaall along with -radbeta and PCIE as primary if those don't help just remove lilu and whatevergreen and patch the frame buffer connectors that's what I had to do for my HD 7970 lilu and whatevergreen just couldn't do it at least not with my multi monitor setup would work for one monitor but not the others
I will try at night.
Now, the igpu is the first to show image. Only one monitor.

Can you explain the method to patch the frame buffer? .

Only use one connector, hdmi (igpu and 290x) two wires to hdmi switch.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ugg, I’m stuck. Trying to switch to an XFX RX580 from a 1080TI.

High Sierra 10.13 hangs on boot in black screen. Added the lilu and whatevergreen kexts. MacPro 6,1.

Does this work with 10.13 latest version? Not sure what to try next.

I was hoping it would be easier than fixing the Nvidia problems but so far about the same.

Hmm that is sad to hear mate, hopefully you'll get this solved quickly. Have you tried SMBIOS iMac 14,2? worst case scenario another black screen right?
Every time I think I'm good to go I read a post like yours and it's back to square on again.
I'll stick with the 970 and Sierra until I'm 100% certain the RX580 works on (High) Sierra with the two kexts.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus P5LP-LE
CPU
Core 2 Duo
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GT 640
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I will try at night.
Now, the igpu is the first to show image. Only one monitor.

Can you explain the method to patch the frame buffer? .

Only use one connector, hdmi (igpu and 290x) two wires to hdmi switch.
There is some information about how to do this in post 1 of this thread

Hi! Now I am in AMD club. I've switched from GTX 980 to RX 580 on high sierra.
After update to high sierra, nvidia performance was very very slow. Chrome browser was epically slow.

I've bought RX 580 and had to update bios on my motherboard, because PC just didn't boot. After bios update and with MacPro6,1 smbios, lilu and with whatevergreen kexts all works perfectly!

I have two 4k displays, both connected by Display Port. Performance is very very high! Apps that were slow on Nvidia now fly on 60fps.

Motherboard
Asus Prime z370 A-II
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! Now I am in AMD club. I've switched from GTX 980 to RX 580 on high sierra.
After update to high sierra, nvidia performance was very very slow. Chrome browser was epically slow.

I've bought RX 580 and had to update bios on my motherboard, because PC just didn't boot. After bios update and with MacPro6,1 smbios, lilu and with whatevergreen kexts all works perfectly!

I have two 4k displays, both connected by Display Port. Performance is very very high! Apps that were slow on Nvidia now fly on 60fps.

What process did you go through to make the switch? I have 1080 and am trying to switch to an AMD but so far, I can’t get my system to boot.

What process did you go through to make the switch? I have 1080 and am trying to switch to an AMD but so far, I can’t get my system to boot.

I think starting point is important. I did update from working sierra to high sierra.
Then I updated nvidia drivers without any problem.

When I've decided switch to AMD, I've done following:

1. Uninstall Nvidia drivers (Click at "uninstall" button on nvidia preferences panel)
2. Add Lilu and WhateverGreen kext. I've downloaded last version of these kext from github.
3. Add these kexts to /kext/Other folder on EFI partition.
4. Change SMBIOS from 14,2 to 6,1, add nv_disable=1, Inject Kexts = YES (System Parameters tab)
5. Updated motherboard bios
6. In bios I've choosed only PCI videos

So, that's all. I've attached my config.plist, try it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 189