Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

I have a Sapphire RX 460 2GB.

That card should work no problems ma y people use those without issue, if your using whatevergreen they recommend not using a Framebuffer. Do you have one in clover, maybe erase it and leave it open?

That card should work no problems ma y people use those without issue, if your using whatevergreen they recommend not using a Framebuffer. Do you have one in clover, maybe erase it and leave it open?
Yeah, it's fine. I ran Heaven, and it didn't seem to throttle and scored pretty good. I just have to forget playing CS:GO on OS X then. On old maps like Dust 2, my fps is crazy good, but on new maps, it's really really bad. Well, now I am dual booting. Thanks for the help and the tips. Really appreciate it.

I’m curious...can you have an AMD card for Mac plus an Nvidia card for Windows exist in the same system?

I bought the 1080TI for VR in Windows (Dual Boot) but High Sierra will not likely have Pascal Drivers for awhile. I was thinking of putting in an AMD card and just use that while in Hackintosh. It would also have the added benefit of better performance for FCX.

I’m curious...can you have an AMD card for Mac plus an Nvidia card for Windows exist in the same system?

I bought the 1080TI for VR in Windows (Dual Boot) but High Sierra will not likely have Pascal Drivers for awhile. I was thinking of putting in an AMD card and just use that while in Hackintosh. It would also have the added benefit of better performance for FCX.

It was done in Sierra using slot one Nvidia and slot two AMD. The Nvidia acted as a helper card and ran on default drivers, but it was enough for the AMD to work. In Windows the Nvidia starts up and the AMD site in the number two spot. Don't know if it will work in High Sierra.

It was done in Sierra using slot one Nvidia and slot two AMD. The Nvidia acted as a helper card and ran on default drivers, but it was enough for the AMD to work. In Windows the Nvidia starts up and the AMD site in the number two spot. Don't know if it will work in High Sierra.

Thanks. So monitor is plugged into Nvidia and AMD is doing all the work? Is that the idea?

Does it allow the AMD to run full featured e.g. 4K resolution display?

If so, that would do the trick

Thanks. So monitor is plugged into Nvidia and AMD is doing all the work? Is that the idea?

Does it allow the AMD to run full featured e.g. 4K resolution display?

If so, that would do the trick

Actually, the Nvidia would be your clover boot screen and at log inn the AMD will take over. So usually one monitor cable to Nvidia helper card and one for AMD for main usage.

Ok cool, will give that a try

Back