I can confirm same issue you described.
Have not found a solution yet.

Also looking for solutions.

Any help appreciated.
clover
ga-z77xud5h
intel i7
radeon hd 6870

had the flickering issue also then fixed it by getting a new card cause older amd don't work

Ok, that means that is not my hardware issue and im not alone, thanks

Last edited:
All of them should be eqal in terms of hackintosh compatability.

Be aware that all AMD GPUs will break sleep/wake, as mentioned in the first post.

I use google translation to translate Chinese into English, hope you can understand, thank you!

Hello, i have encountered a troublesome question, hope you can give me some advice
I bought a computer for FCP, so I decided to use the R9 280X.
Unfortunately, I bought a XFX graphics card, after viewing the forum that, by injecting VBIOS to run.
So I injected VBIOS, shut down iGPU, the system can run properly.
I experimented with injecting Framebuffer and not. It will only affect the display of the graphics name. When I use Geekbench to test openCL performance, always get the correct score, about 105,000 points.
But my FCP performance is very low, it is very slow

I removed the XFX graphics card, configure the config.plist so iGPU normal operation, HD530, Geekbench test openCL score of 15000 points. However, when I use FCP, I feel faster than 280X.

So I think my XFX 280X graphics card does not work in the FCP. I have now returned to the XFX graphics card, ready to buy a sapphire graphics card, but because the forum post a little old, so before buying I would like to consult the first question, is not 280X in the sierra has not been able to run well? Can not run well on FCP 10.3?

My system is 10.12.4, FCP version is 10.3.2

thank you very much!

Hi,

I need some advice in disabling boot card once the system is up...I have one 7870 and I want to disable/don't load/whatever my boot card (nvidia 1080) once the system has finished boot. I remember something related to disabling IGPU because reduced performance of main Radeon card, but I can't find that.

Thanks.

Quick question Fl0r!an: does the 7970/280X (or anything Tahiti based) boot to black screen in Sierra without a helper card/iGPU?

I installed OSX 10.12.4 onto the PC in my profile using Unibeast/Clover in EFI mode. Getting OS X to boot to desktop was remarkably simple. I only needed to make 3 changes:
-Add boot arg: -nv_disable=1.
-Spoof CPUID to get Kaby lake to work.
-Enable legacy support in bios.

The problem is I am not getting 3D acceleration. System information recognizes my card correctly as 73001002 and it shows "R9 xxx 4096mb." When I start Cinnebench or Heaven, the screen goes black.

I edited X4100.kext to spoof my device ID to RX460, but after editing the file, I received an error message stating the file was installed improperly and can not be used. Manually restoring the permissions to "read only" did not fix the problem. Does anybody have any suggestions how I can get 3D acceleration to work?

Back