Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes ... I posted in another thread but essentially you must be sure the "none" profile is not used for your current board-id in AGDP. I figured this out by noticing that some posters with MST 4k monitors were able to get their monitors working with the macmini6,1 SMBIOS. It's not the SMBIOS per se that is special, but rather the lack of its board-id in AGDP that is the key. So I'm on iMac14,2 and it all works because I edited my AGDP Info.plist.

Anyway, this can be done several ways, but removing your board id from AGDP completely or changing the default in AGDP from "none" to a custom profile that does nothing also works. The key is that "none" is not a no-op ... it does something which kills MST support.
Great finding! I was wondering if this would also work with variants of RX 480 / RX 470 that can output 2xDisplayPort. Are you referring to FirePro W7000 only?

Also I would really appreciate some more detailed information on how to achieve that resolution.
What about sleep, will it wake to 5K again? Thanks

Motherboard
GA-Z170x-Designare
CPU
Core i7-6700k
Graphics
AMD FirePro W9000 + Radeon 7970
Great finding! I was wondering if this would also work with variants of RX 480 / RX 470 that can output 2xDisplayPort. Are you referring to FirePro W7000 only?

Also I would really appreciate some more detailed information on how to achieve that resolution.
What about sleep, will it wake to 5K again? Thanks
I've only tested with the FirePro W7000 since it's what I have. But someone else posted it worked with their RX480.

Sleep/Wake to 5K works (with the caveat that all ATI cards need a helper card of some sort at the moment).

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H rev1.1
CPU
Intel Core i3 4330 3.5GHz
Graphics
Sapphire (ATI) Radeon HD6790 1GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Anyone having color flashing issues with 10.12.4?
AMD Radeon HD6790 with modified Info.plist on AMDX3000 and AMD6000Controller, was working perfectly with 10.12.3.

Motherboard
ASUS X99 Pro USB 3.1
CPU
i7-6800K
Graphics
RX480+HD5750
Anyone having color flashing issues with 10.12.4?
AMD Radeon HD6790 with modified Info.plist on AMDX3000 and AMD6000Controller, was working perfectly with 10.12.3.
yes, my hd5750 is color flashing on 12.4. It was flashing during all the betas too. Had heard of others during betas that had radeon flashing, but no solutions or comments

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@LostVector So i regrettably updated to 10.12.4 and now my MST doesnt seem to be working... Everything was working with my RX480 and dell 5k prior to updating, not sure what exactly about the update broke my MST support. Would you mind sharing your AGDP plist with me?

Motherboard
GA-Z170x-Designare
CPU
Core i7-6700k
Graphics
@LostVector So i regrettably updated to 10.12.4 and now my MST doesnt seem to be working... Everything was working with my RX480 and dell 5k prior to updating, not sure what exactly about the update broke my MST support. Would you mind sharing your AGDP plist with me?
Updating OS versions overwrites the kext ... did you try just making the edits again?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
Graphics
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yeah, i even restored the previous version of the kext via time machine but i couldn't get it working again so I was thinking maybe I hadn't done something correctly in the first place and just got lucky with it prior to update. You just need to remove all the board-id's from the the AGDP and that should allow it to work right?

Motherboard
GA-Z170x-Designare
CPU
Core i7-6700k
Graphics
Yeah, i even restored the previous version of the kext via time machine but i couldn't get it working again so I was thinking maybe I hadn't done something correctly in the first place and just got lucky with it prior to update. You just need to remove all the board-id's from the the AGDP and that should allow it to work right?
I would remove just the board-id of your current SMBIOS. I haven't updated yet.

Also make sure to force your kext cache to rebuild and that unsigned kexts are enabled.

"sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /"

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
Graphics
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I would remove just the board-id of your current SMBIOS. I haven't updated yet.

Also make sure to force your kext cache to rebuild and that unsigned kexts are enabled.

"sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /"
@LostVector Really appreciate your help. I tried those suggestions however I can't seem to get the RX480 and the 5k to work again like it was in 10.12.3. The terminal command was useful to know since I hadn't been doing that prior. I also made sure to enable dev-mode in my clover boot args which it wasn't. I eventually nuked all the board-ids from the config plist because after I couldn't get it working the first time (with only the relevant board-id removed) I kept switching around different Mac Definitions to test. (For Reference when it was working correctly on 10.12.3 I was using iMac17,1).

For now i'm using my nvidia 980ti because 5k is still working on that (back to having that cursed cursor glitch), just super frustrated I updated when everything was working so well :banghead:

I uploaded my Clover config plist, AGDP info plist, and a screenshot of the terminal command results if you have a chance to look at it or maybe could let me know if something looks incorrect to you. Anyway thanks again for all your help.

Attachments