Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have successfully installed 10.9.4 with Unibeast and am halfway there to get everything working as I want. Biggest thing I was hoping to accomplish was to get a box running with dual display support so I can run a program called ProPresenter in the sound room at my church. I have an Asus branded Radeon 8400GS (device ID is 10DE:06E4) that OSX recognized out of the box, but it will not let me use both the VGA and DVI ports. I need to get both ports working so I can have a monitor in sound room then the other to the projector in the auditorium. Can anyone give me some advice?

If it helps, here's my other specs (and yes I know this is not an ideal motherboard, I was just trying to salvage an old spare computer that was donated for free).

Its an HP P6-2636S. I used speccy to get what the specs are from the windows side and it says the Motherboard is a Foxconn "2AdA" (Sandy Bridge Reb09 - south bridge H61 rev B3 if it matters). Processor is a Pentium G645 @ 2.9ghz (OSX about this mac shows it as a core i3 @2.9ghz - is it a variant of an i3 processor or is OSX just detecting it wrong because its Hackintosh???). Ethernet is working fine, but audio won't work either (Speccy showed its a Realtek HD audio card).

Biggest thing I need to get to work is the dual displays. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I also downloaded my DSDT and SSDT's from a linux live disk but not sure how to get them compiled right as I get errors in DSDT editor. (If I should work on DSDT another question... I extracted those files before I had thrown the Radeon card in a PCI slot...before I was trying to get on board graphics working and it was a no-go..... should I get fresh DSDT and SSDT files now?)

Thanks All.

itpfreak

Need to know more about that video card.

I have an 8400 GS that has only one DVI port and a VGA port.

the VGA is not supported under Mac OSX AT ALL. We need a card w dual DVI ports.

I have a GT 9500 card that has Dual DVI and this works w Dual Monitors in OSX 10.6 and 10.7 have not tested 10.8.5 or 10.9 on this system at this time.

But the other option is that the older nVidia cards like the 8400 GS may not be supported as OSX advances in newer features and functions like what is in Mavericks.

- ALSO suggest looking in the VIDEO FORUM section for support on this card and the OSX version you have.

Also if you have sources at work for video cards here is a list of cards that worked at least w OSX SL/.
and may work w Mavericks.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Graphics_Card_Database

Another action item maybe that now you can swap the video card to a newer one like a GT 640 card or similar card for resolution to the problem.

If your lucky and you find an older GT8800 or GTX8800 these are known to be still supported in OSX Mavericks. And will provide you w at least two DVI ports....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back