Contribute
Register

Radeon 6470m / 6490m Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Both VGA and Display port worked out of the box without any modding to the stock kexts or DSDT.

You might have to play with display prferences to set both displays to mirror. I manged to do it the first time by carefully looking at my less tha half functioning LVDS :) If you are not able to get the settings to mirror the screens, try this.

1. Connect VGA Monitor
2. Press Power button to turn on.
3. Close the Laptop lid immediately after pressing power button.

That should straight away take your display to the VGA screen. Hope it helps.

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I recently obtained an HP 8460p with ATI 6470M. note that this is NOT a switchable graphics system, it only has the 6470M. i have installed and reinstalled Mavericks multiple times, tried the probook installer, when that didnt work, tried multibeast, etc, etc. I cannot get quartz to work at all and the video memory shows 3mb for this 1gb video card . I have scoured google and tried some other sites but still cant find any sort of resolution. Any tips or help is appreciated.

well, found a 8460p motherboard without the damn amd onboard locally for $39. swapped the board out and now a fully functional hackintosh minus the wifi. =) hopefully eventually the 6470m graphics will work and ill swap the old board back. but for now, with QE working ive got no complaints

Found something interesting here - https://aprilmacdonald.com/getting-amd-switchable-graphics-working-on-hackintosh-os-x/ She says she got her 7730m to work just by loading the VBIOS. Did anyone here try to load their VBIOS to check ?

I've been reading through this thread for the last 45 minutes or so, and I think this is the only thing that hasn't been tried, and the one thing I would have expected someone to check.

nVidia GTX 680 cards are all over Ebay with both Mac and Win bios. Same card, different control software depending on the boot environment. The one concern I would have with this approach, is I've heard that the 680's can be flashed from Mac to Win, but not Win to Mac. Something about different VRAM controllers, IIRC?

It's worth a shot, though.

BTW, first post here. Just bought a 4530s w/6490m yesterday, and learned about its excellent Hackbook potential this morning. Already have a "sketchy" version of OSX installed, while I wait for the official Lion.App download link to be emailed to me from Apple.

I'm god awful with coding, but I'm pretty slick with hardware troubleshooting. Willing to help out where I can.

Hello there,
I have a hackintosh HP ProBook 4530s, its comes with intel HD 3000 & AMD 6490m 1GB GDDR5.
Is it possible to make my AMD Graphic Card "Functional"?

Hello there,
I have a hackintosh HP ProBook 4530s, its comes with intel HD 3000 & AMD 6490m 1GB GDDR5.
Is it possible to make my AMD Graphic Card "Functional"?

No.

Greetings!

Been following this thread for a while but I still have some hope left for 6490M project.
I have managed to somehow get the ATI to work but it's hard to find a stable build without the system crashing almost all the time.

Bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back