Contribute
Register

Radeon 6470m / 6490m Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. A working Radeon without any modding to the stock kexts. The display is perfect on the external VGA monitor. Me too think that there is no switchable Graphics on my Laptop because I can see only the Radeon Graphic Card in Windows device manager.

So, do you want me to get any information which will be helpful for you to suggest me some thing. I mean like VBIOS Dump or some thing like that. Mean while I will try to find out how to inject Dual-Link for Radeon.

Are you getting QE/CI (dock animations when turned on, window animations, transparent menu bar, shadows/reflections on dock tray, etc)? It is strange that your laptop doesn't have HD3K because it is in your DSDT, normal address, etc... (you posted it in the DSDT thread).

I'm not really sure what all the tricks are for discrete cards, because I don't have any...

Yes, I am getting all the graphic effects mentioned by you. Attached my desktop screenshot.

I have never uploaded my DSDT in any thread except for this thread. Do you want me to reupload my original DSDT??

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
    Desktop.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 621
Yes, I am getting all the graphic effects mentioned by you. Attached my desktop screenshot.

I have never uploaded my DSDT in any thread except for this thread. Do you want me to reupload my original DSDT??

I still have your DSDT here, I just don't know what to tell you to do with it. You could try adding similar _DSM (AAPL,DualLink part) to PEGP.DGFX device. And use google to find people with laptops with similar hardware and what solution, if any, they found. I imagine the problem comes in that this device is really a "desktop" device so there might be some tables in the drivers not prepared to set it up for LVDS output.

I Think I have found some thing interesting in Graphics details which AIDA 64 showed on Windows 8. Will post them shortly. They might be of some help...

Here is the information captured by AIDA64 in Windows 8 for Graphics GPU, Processor and BIOS. Will this be of any help??

GPU Info in AIDA64.png

Processor.PNG

Bios.PNG

I have a Display Port also and today managed to test if it is working. It works flawlessly like the VGA.

VGA works, Display Port works, why not LVDS?? :banghead:

I am planning on playing with the kexts this weekend. I strongly believe that my Graphics card is using the kext "ATI6000Controller.kext" and also "AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext".

Where do you suggest me to start from?? Forgot to mention, I am new to this kext stuff too like the DSDT. :crazy:

I have a Display Port also and today managed to test if it is working. It works flawlessly like the VGA.

VGA works, Display Port works, why not LVDS?? :banghead:

I am planning on playing with the kexts this weekend. I strongly believe that my Graphics card is using the kext "ATI6000Controller.kext" and also "AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext".

Where do you suggest me to start from?? Forgot to mention, I am new to this kext stuff too like the DSDT. :crazy:

Start googling for ways to patch ATI6K for LVDS...

I am going to try this tomorrow. Feeling like it might work. :)

Please remove the link if it is against the forum rules.

Hi Guys. I have Asus x54hr with AMD Radeon HD 7470M(=AMD 6490M) DDR3 1GB. I'v patched the lotus FB with my decoded vbios. VGA and HMDI works just fine but LDVS not work. When i get IOReg dump it say "ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer" not lotus. So here is the question: How i know that my FB is matched using IOreg or something else?

Sorry for my English.

Attachments

• IORegDump.ioreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 394
I tried only once and it didn't worked. I never tried again to find out if did some thing wrong as I no longer have that Elite Book with me.

But I would like to mention that the VGA and Diplay Port out put worked absolutely fine for me.

Now I am on a Acer Aspire V5 471PG dual boot with Windows 8 and 10.9 DP3. Both are running pretty smoothly except for some missing features like wifi and mic in OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back