Contribute
Register

Radeon 6470m / 6490m Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same Result even after Patching the DSDT. Here is what I did.

1. Extract DSDT using the Ubuntu Live USB method.
2. Tried to patch the DSDT using MaciASL, but there were over 200 errors even before patching if itry to do save as.
3. Used DSDTFixer and it fixed all errors except for 1 error which is related to _HID Suffix Hex. I fixed this by removing that line.
4. Patched the DSDT for Dual Link using the patch ProBook "IGPU/LVDS Dual-Link" and saved the file.
5. Copied the DSDT to "Extra" folder and and ran repair permissions on the OS disk.
6. Rebooted.

It is all the same where I started. There is no change in the LVDS behaviour. Am I doing something wrong??

Attached my DSDT before and After patching. Can you have a look if possible.

View attachment DSDT.zip

Same Result even after Patching the DSDT. Here is what I did.

1. Extract DSDT using the Ubuntu Live USB method.
2. Tried to patch the DSDT using MaciASL, but there were over 200 errors even before patching if itry to do save as.

Of course, the DSDT at that point is the raw one from HP. HP's DSDT contains errors fixed by 01_Compilation.txt or 4530s.txt (which includes 01_Compilation.txt)

3. Used DSDTFixer and it fixed all errors except for 1 error which is related to _HID Suffix Hex. I fixed this by removing that line.

I wouldn't do that. Use 01_Compilation.txt instead or the full suite of patches in 4530s.txt. It seems all the patches are likely directly applicable to your laptop.

4. Patched the DSDT for Dual Link using the patch ProBook "IGPU/LVDS Dual-Link" and saved the file.

That patch assumes other patches have already been applied. In particular 02_DSDTPatch.txt (included in 4530s.txt). It applies the patch to the IGPU which is renamed from GFX0.

5. Copied the DSDT to "Extra" folder and and ran repair permissions on the OS disk.
6. Rebooted.

Your DSDT didn't have the LVDS Dual-Link patch as discussed above.

Consider following the instructions: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

Thanks mate.. I will proceed with your instructions tomorrow. It is already late night here and gonna sleep... Thanks again for the help.. :)

First I patched the DSDT with ProBook 4x40S Sandy Bridge. This fixed all the errors in DSDT. Then patched with IGPU/LVDS Dual-Link and saved the DSDT. Copied the DSDT into "Extra" Folder and restarted the PC. Still it is the same.

Am I doing it right?? Attached the patched DSDT.

View attachment dsdt.zip

Edit: Just saw your reply on the other thread. Happend see that while browsing around and just replied to that since I am also struck at the same point. By the way I am on EliteBook 8460P, not a ProBook. And I am pretty sure that I am on AMD Radeon HD 6470M.

First I patched the DSDT with ProBook 4x40S Sandy Bridge. This fixed all the errors in DSDT. Then patched with IGPU/LVDS Dual-Link and saved the DSDT. Copied the DSDT into "Extra" Folder and restarted the PC. Still it is the same.

Am I doing it right?? Attached the patched DSDT.

View attachment 52124

Edit: Just saw your reply on the other thread. Happend see that while browsing around and just replied to that since I am also struck at the same point. By the way I am on EliteBook 8460P, not a ProBook. And I am pretty sure that I am on AMD Radeon HD 6470M.

What shows in Apple -> About This Mac -> More Info to the right of "Graphics"?

Obviously, a duallink inject on IGPU won't do you any good if that is not the device that OS X is using...
But my understanding is that getting Radeon (because of the switchable nature) is not possible.

Also, post the output from:
Code:
# in Terminal
bdmesg | grep -y dsdt

I am not really very sure about the switchable graphics. Attached the screenshots of Terminal Output and Graphics Info.

GRaphics.png

Terminal Output.png
Thank for your Quick responses. :) You are insanely fast...:thumbup:

I am not really very sure about the switchable graphics. Attached the screenshots of Terminal Output and Graphics Info.

I was really more interested in Apple -> About This Mac -> More Info to the right of "Graphics"

Sorry, I though that you are asking Graphics information from "Utilities --> System Information". Now, I got it right.

Attached "More Info" Screenshot from "About This Mac". To the right of Graphics, it shows "AMD Radeon HD 6XXX 1024 MB".

About_More Info.png

Sorry, I though that you are asking Graphics information from "Utilities --> System Information". Now, I got it right.

Attached "More Info" Screenshot from "About This Mac". To the right of Graphics, it shows "AMD Radeon HD 6XXX 1024 MB".

View attachment 52155

Well, there's something I haven't seen yet. Seems to be working Radeon. Maybe it is not "switchable" on that laptop.

Problem is I'm not sure what exactly you need to inject for Radeon dual-link. Perhaps some modification of what I gave you...

Yes. A working Radeon without any modding to the stock kexts. The display is perfect on the external VGA monitor. Me too think that there is no switchable Graphics on my Laptop because I can see only the Radeon Graphic Card in Windows device manager.

So, do you want me to get any information which will be helpful for you to suggest me some thing. I mean like VBIOS Dump or some thing like that. Mean while I will try to find out how to inject Dual-Link for Radeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back