Contribute
Register

Radeon 6470m / 6490m Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible but i'm not able to test my most recent method due to chimera not being fully compatible yet (I think) and I can't go into any more detail than that due to the rules.
I don't think I broke any of them by posting the above but if I did I apologise and please just remove this post.
By the way, where did you get your info on the rebranding Masso?

In ATI6000Controller.kext we can only find a device IDs....IMHO name for a Rebrand is not important.
Only subsys distinguishes two cards with same device id but with different names. So it is also in Chimera/Chameleon (in Ati.c)

EDIT
Below photo example, in Ermac source for your card

This also applies to my card (6770m)
So I think that having to focus on other issues, but no kext or dsdt (understood not as a standard way as the Desktop System).
See above as they are doing in Linux.....serves something similar, to enable the swich to discrete video cards

Attachments

• example.PNG
    example.PNG
    28 KB · Views: 561
  • My card.PNG
    My card.PNG
    26.4 KB · Views: 493
Dewitts said:
Actually It seems your info is the wrong way around?
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon ... 752.0.html
The 7470m is a rebranded 6490m according to that site.

It's not a rebrand actually. Is the same identical card.
Installing the ATI video driver on HP probook under windows shows the 7470m.
(i've done that).
Same device id.

watching this thread like a hawk!

I have a 6630m + intel 3000, If you guys need me to help with any testing I'll be happy to do so, keen as to get QE going.

LVDS on AMD Radeon HD 6470M not working in Mountain Lion

Hello Guys, Hope this project is still alive...

I am on a HP Elitebook 8460p with Mountain Lion (10.8.3) installed. I am using a [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]VGA [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]monitor[/FONT][/FONT] as the LVDS is not completely functional. Without any modding to the Graphics kexts, I can see the following in System Information/Graphics.

And the Display Preferences.

VGA is working without any issues. LVDS shows only half of the desktop spanned across entire screen in scrambled colours. Attached a screenshot of my VGA and a snap of the LVDS.

I have tried many of the AtiConfig=FrameBuffer without any positive results. None of them got the LVDS even half working like now and some of them disabled my VGA also.Hoping for a solution to this LVDS problem pretty soon.

Thanks in advance for any sort of help.
Srinu

You probably need DSDT patch for dual-link:

Code:
#   Inject HDMI info and dual-link into GFX0/IGPU   */
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL00,DualLink",\n 
        Buffer (0x04) { 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "hda-gfx",\n 
        Buffer (0x0A) { "onboard-1" },\n
        "AAPL,snb-platform-id",\n 
        Buffer (0x04) { 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00 },\n
        "AAPL,ig-platform-id",\n
        Buffer (0x04) { 0x04, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01 },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

Thanks fort the reply RehabMan, I am new to this DSDT stuff. But I am not giving it up. With a little help, I believe I can make it. :thumbup:

So, here I am now. I managed to extract my DSDT using "DSDTSE" and I am getting an error when trying to compile. I am trying to fix this error by searching and reading some forums, but if you know a quick fix or some thing like that, I will be glad.:D And also can you also let me know where exactly I have to add the code mentioned in your previous post.

Here is the screenshot of the error. I am not able to attach the dsl file and dont know why.

Error.png

Thanks fort the reply RehabMan, I am new to this DSDT stuff. But I am not giving it up. With a little help, I believe I can make it. :thumbup:

So, here I am now. I managed to extract my DSDT using "DSDTSE" and I am getting an error when trying to compile. I am trying to fix this error by searching and reading some forums, but if you know a quick fix or some thing like that, I will be glad.:D And also can you also let me know where exactly I have to add the code mentioned in your previous post.

Here is the screenshot of the error. I am not able to attach the dsl file and dont know why.

View attachment 51979

For DSDT extraction/patching see: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back