Contribute
Register

Radeon 5850 recognized as HD 5000 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radeon 5850 recognized as HD 5000 Series (SOLVED)

Hello Guys,

Just finished Installing Mac OSX Mountain Lion successfully, was also able to boot into ML but I cannot get the graphics card to recognize correctly, about this mac shows it has HD 5000 Series card, while animations are nice and smooth some games do not work..

Everything recognized and working perfectly on OSX Lion 10.7..

Anyone know what the cause is?

Problem Solved!! Just thought I'd share how I fixed it.. I added the following kernel flags : GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Zonalis

And it detected the graphics card correctly, now all games work, and performance is as expected..

Problem Solved!! Just thought I'd share how I fixed it.. I added the following kernel flags : GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Zonalis

And it detected the graphics card correctly, now all games work, and performance is as expected..

I'm having some issues with that framebuffer... the only one my card seems to run better is Uakari
I have a XFX Ati Radeon 5850 1GB, works almost OOB since snow leopard, but since Lion I've noticed the decline in the card performance, I tried with several framebuffers and also with GraphicsEnabler=No (as it is natively supported) and everytime I have QE/CI, but when I use Aperture (I have a ton of pics) and start previewing a lot of images, it slows down and even sometimes freezes doing minor editing.
The results are similar in Mountain Lion GM:

Settings
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
AtiConfig=Uakari

Recognized as: Ati Radeon 5800 Series

Works very well, but does not perform as fast as it should. Slow to preview images and retouching them

Settings
GraphicsEnabler=No

Recognized as: Ati Radeon 5000 Series

Its faster to load images, but sometimes the screen flicks. It stutters when using any graphics accelerated animation (i.e. Mission Control) but overall it works well

Settings
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
AtiConfig=Zonalis

Recognized as: Can't actually tell

Screen goes dark after it loads the video drivers in the gray screen.

I've tried several framebuffers with diverse results (no full resolution, no QE/CI, etc), but apparently Uakari is the best one for me.
Might I mention I'm using DVI and I've tried adding the kernel flag "AtiPorts=4", which doesn't seem to do much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back