Contribute
Register

Radeon 580 will not support second monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLVED: This fix is so simple. All You have to do is change Your SMBIOS Version to 6,1 (Mac Pro 2013)
This is because if You have a iMac's SMBIOS version (with the built-in display), the system will recognize only one display as the built-in one.
If You change the version to the Mac Pro one (that doesn't come with the display), You can use 2 or more monitors at the same time!

I'm right now using 2x 4K 60Hz monitors connected via display port to my Sapphire RX 580.

[Before the fix, the secondary monitor didn't work and after the boot logo it did goes black.]

FIX:
- Open Your config.plist file in Clover and go to SMBIOS settings (Information Censored XD)
- And select the version menu
1.png

- Select "MacPro6,1 - Mac Pro (Late 2013)..." Option
2.png

- Save the config.plist file
3.png

- And Reboot!
4.png

IMPORTANT: This Fix will turn off the Intel QuickSync and if You are using Final Cut Pro X You will not be able to export videos!!!

Done!!!
Enjoy Your secondary display via DisplayPort! =)

Last edited:
The AMD drivers are pretty awful in Win 10 with erratic mouse and cursors, something that should be basic, cited as a known issue in the fine print accompanying the drivers on the AMD web site.
A bit off topic, but you did mention it in the post. I had similar problems in windows with radeon sofware, but solved by doing the following;
Download AMD cleanup Utility
Make sure you run it in safe mode.
Re-install radeon drivers
I've been playing Modern Warfare at 1080p without a glitch so far :thumbup:

SOLVED: This fix is so simple. All You have to do is change Your SMBIOS Version to 6,1 (Mac Pro 2013)
This is because if You have a iMac's SMBIOS version (with the built-in display), the system will recognize only one display as the built-in one.
If You change the version to the Mac Pro one (that doesn't come with the display), You can use 2 or more monitors at the same time!

I'm right now using 2x 4K 60Hz monitors connected via display port to my Sapphire RX 580.

[Before the fix, the secondary monitor didn't work and after the boot logo it did goes black.]

FIX:
- Open Your config.plist file in Clover and go to SMBIOS settings (Information Censored XD)
- And select the version menu
View attachment 436052

- Select "MacPro6,1 - Mac Pro (Late 2013)..." Option
View attachment 436054

- Save the config.plist file
View attachment 436055

- And Reboot!
View attachment 436056

Done!!!
Enjoy Your secondary display via DisplayPort! =)

I have my SMBIOS set to iMac 18.3 and use multiple monitors on the RX 580 without any problems, as do many others. It doesn't have to be set to a Mac Pro for it to work with multiple monitors.

I have my SMBIOS set to iMac 18.3 and use multiple monitors on the RX 580 without any problems, as do many others. It doesn't have to be set to a Mac Pro for it to work with multiple monitors.

It's correct but if You doesn't switch to Mac Pro You can't use 2 moniors connected via Display Port, only 1 DP and 1 HDMI or 2 HDMI, but not 2 DP

A bit off topic, but you did mention it in the post. I had similar problems in windows with radeon sofware, but solved by doing the following;
Download AMD cleanup Utility
Make sure you run it in safe mode.
Re-install radeon drivers
I've been playing Modern Warfare at 1080p without a glitch so far :thumbup:
This is another fix You can do. Do You have dual monitor connected via display port?

I had this problem. Nothing seemed to work to solve the problem. I eventually realized that my HDMI cables were not working with one of my monitor after the update. I bought higher quality cables and the issue vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back