CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
SOLVED: This fix is so simple. All You have to do is change Your SMBIOS Version to 6,1 (Mac Pro 2013)
This is because if You have a iMac's SMBIOS version (with the built-in display), the system will recognize only one display as the built-in one.
If You change the version to the Mac Pro one (that doesn't come with the display), You can use 2 or more monitors at the same time!

I'm right now using 2x 4K 60Hz monitors connected via display port to my Sapphire RX 580.

[Before the fix, the secondary monitor didn't work and after the boot logo it did goes black.]

FIX:
- Open Your config.plist file in Clover and go to SMBIOS settings (Information Censored XD)
- And select the version menu
1.png

- Select "MacPro6,1 - Mac Pro (Late 2013)..." Option
2.png

- Save the config.plist file
3.png

- And Reboot!
4.png

IMPORTANT: This Fix will turn off the Intel QuickSync and if You are using Final Cut Pro X You will not be able to export videos!!!

Done!!!
Enjoy Your secondary display via DisplayPort! =)

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The AMD drivers are pretty awful in Win 10 with erratic mouse and cursors, something that should be basic, cited as a known issue in the fine print accompanying the drivers on the AMD web site.
A bit off topic, but you did mention it in the post. I had similar problems in windows with radeon sofware, but solved by doing the following;
Download AMD cleanup Utility
Make sure you run it in safe mode.
Re-install radeon drivers
I've been playing Modern Warfare at 1080p without a glitch so far :thumbup:

Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
SOLVED: This fix is so simple. All You have to do is change Your SMBIOS Version to 6,1 (Mac Pro 2013)
This is because if You have a iMac's SMBIOS version (with the built-in display), the system will recognize only one display as the built-in one.
If You change the version to the Mac Pro one (that doesn't come with the display), You can use 2 or more monitors at the same time!

I'm right now using 2x 4K 60Hz monitors connected via display port to my Sapphire RX 580.

[Before the fix, the secondary monitor didn't work and after the boot logo it did goes black.]

FIX:
- Open Your config.plist file in Clover and go to SMBIOS settings (Information Censored XD)
- And select the version menu
View attachment 436052

- Select "MacPro6,1 - Mac Pro (Late 2013)..." Option
View attachment 436054

- Save the config.plist file
View attachment 436055

- And Reboot!
View attachment 436056

Done!!!
Enjoy Your secondary display via DisplayPort! =)

I have my SMBIOS set to iMac 18.3 and use multiple monitors on the RX 580 without any problems, as do many others. It doesn't have to be set to a Mac Pro for it to work with multiple monitors.

Motherboard
GA-B250M-D2V
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
I have my SMBIOS set to iMac 18.3 and use multiple monitors on the RX 580 without any problems, as do many others. It doesn't have to be set to a Mac Pro for it to work with multiple monitors.

It's correct but if You doesn't switch to Mac Pro You can't use 2 moniors connected via Display Port, only 1 DP and 1 HDMI or 2 HDMI, but not 2 DP

Motherboard
GA-B250M-D2V
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
A bit off topic, but you did mention it in the post. I had similar problems in windows with radeon sofware, but solved by doing the following;
Download AMD cleanup Utility
Make sure you run it in safe mode.
Re-install radeon drivers
I've been playing Modern Warfare at 1080p without a glitch so far :thumbup:
This is another fix You can do. Do You have dual monitor connected via display port?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING
CPU
i7-9700F
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had this problem. Nothing seemed to work to solve the problem. I eventually realized that my HDMI cables were not working with one of my monitor after the update. I bought higher quality cables and the issue vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.