Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
I7-8700k
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 OC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
hi!
I now have my first hackintosh up and running (well) - but the compute score in Geekbench gives me not even half (rather a third) of what it should be (compared to an iMac with a 580 pro).
my score is about 55000 (my result ID: 1556109)

OpenGL scores seem to be ok (cinebench, valley etc..), but OpenCL sin't.. LuxMark gibes me a meagre 740 points on the ballroom scene, 2719 points on the microphone scene and 3543 points on the Luxball scene.

I have the latest versions of lilu and whateverGreen installed.. have I missed anything?
any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm using Final Cut and motion quite a bit.. and I have a feeling better OpenCL performance wouldn't hurt ;)

Thanks a lot!

hi!
I now have my first hackintosh up and running (well) - but the compute score in Geekbench gives me not even half (rather a third) of what it should be (compared to an iMac with a 580 pro).
my score is about 55000 (my result ID: 1556109)

OpenGL scores seem to be ok (cinebench, valley etc..), but OpenCL sin't.. LuxMark gibes me a meagre 740 points on the ballroom scene, 2719 points on the microphone scene and 3543 points on the Luxball scene.

I have the latest versions of lilu and whateverGreen installed.. have I missed anything?
any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm using Final Cut and motion quite a bit.. and I have a feeling better OpenCL performance wouldn't hurt ;)

Thanks a lot!
They look like scores for the Intel CPU/GPU not the AMD GPU.
I have Gen 3 i7-3770K + Nitro+ RX580 gives me :
Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 15.44.54.png

FCPX BruceX benchmark of 25 secs (was 13s with 10.13.1).

How are you configuring the RX580 ?
Do you use WhateverGreen.kext or RadeonDeInit ?
Post your IOREG & Clover Config files.

hi macnb,

BruceX takes 14-15 sec.
I have WhateverGreen, no RadeonDeInt.
and I just did a LuxMark test for my CPU and got 3425 for Luxball.. it is almost the same ;)

so I attached all the files.. hope they help - up to now I've never heard about the IOReg .. well.. I'm learning.
Thanks!

Attachments

• imac_IOReg.ioreg
    11.4 MB · Views: 518
  • config.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 470
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 23.03.03.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 23.03.03.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 657
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 23.05.29.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 23.05.29.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 778
ok - now this is truly strange.
I get the full performance right after I restart my computer.. then it seem to degrade.
I read in other places that happened to people.
anyone any ideas? I don't really understand much about frame buffer allocation etc..

I have a Gigabyte RX 580 AORUS with an i7 7700k and I do not experience that degradation. I am using RadeonDeInit plus injecting Intel with the ID of 0x59120003. I used to experience seemingly random degradation in my OpenCL scores when I had a Gigabyte RX 560, but I upgraded my card and tweaked my configuration to its current form and the problem disappeared. The only glitch I have now is that I cannot play videos purchased from the iTunes Store.

hi SpookyBoo! thanks for sharing.
do you use RadeonDeInit together with WhateverGreen and Lilu?
I might habe issues injecting intel because I have a coffee lake cpu have disabled iGPU from the beginning.. but if it might solve this.. I would be wiling to try ;)
don't really care about iTunes movies.. I'm a Netflix person anyway ;)

SOLVED!!
at least it seams like.
All it really took was to enable the intel integrated graphics in bios (which i didn't do since coffee lake wasn't officially supported).. but it works fine and is recognised by mac os 10.13.1 as kabylake graphics.
now i get consistent openCL results.

SOLVED!!
at least it seams like.
All it really took was to enable the intel integrated graphics in bios (which i didn't do since coffee lake wasn't officially supported).. but it works fine and is recognised by mac os 10.13.1 as kabylake graphics.

Seems pretty similar to :https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/rx-580-fcpx-video-rendering-issues.235467/
Recommend you also have EmuVariableUEFI installed through clover along with keeping intel integrated graphics on too.

Works as above
I just set my integrated gfx to Auto and it worked like a charm.

SOLVED!!
at least it seams like.

Thank you!

I was going crazy... couldnt figure out why fresh catalina with rx 580..was lagging like crazy.. Turns out my RX 580, is a actually a CHina only sepecial, its called the RX 580 2048SP!!! so catalina doesnt know what it is. Its a 570 rebranded and bios updated. So had to reflash it back to a 570 4gb and then all was buttery szmooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back