Contribute
Register

R9280X - Which brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you provide more detail on the cards please.

I'm keeping a separate thread with hardware known to work with fcpx.

What would be good is the SKU, exact model number, link to Amazon or similar so other people will know the exact model to buy. As much detail as possible us good as most vendors have lots of slightly different models.

Thanks
Rob

Rob,
I don't know the SKU but the exact brand and model are ASUS R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 Graphics Cards

I bout 2 of them used from eBay from the same private vendor.
They both are installed and work OOB

Cheers
J

edit; they are the ATi SERIES cards if that makes a difference
here is a link to the ASUS website
http://www.asus.com/US/Graphics-Cards/R9280XDC2T3GD5/overview//

Please note that there is a v2 also. It takes up 3 bays by the looks of the pictures. I bought the "v1", NOT the v2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob,
I don't know the SKU but the exact brand and model are ASUS R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 Graphics Cards

Cheers
J

www.asus.com/US/Graphics-Cards/R9280XDC2T3GD5/overview//

Please note that there is a v2 also. It takes up 3 bays by the looks of the pictures. I bought the "v1", NOT the v2.

Are you running this setup under El Capitan or Yosemite?

With my currently crippled system (see below) I'm getting 31 seconds using my single Gigabyte 280x, so you should be seeing significantly faster times than me.

Plus my system is currently crippled by something I'm in the process of trying to figure out.
My LuxMark scores under El Cap are currently really low so I hope to get Bruce 5k even faster once I've sorted it out.

Rob,

Cheers
J

http://www.asus.com/US/Graphics-Cards/R9280XDC2T3GD5/overview//

Thanks. Will update the thread.

Thanks. Will update the thread.

Happy New Year!

I have a quick question for you Rob,
My system specs only seem to be seeing 1 of the cards. It shows up as "AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 3072 MB" but I have 2 cards installed.
Should the system spec reflect both cards?
Graphics/Displays under "hardware" shows 2 cards but both are in PCIe slot 0. Do I need to configure something else.

Cheers
J

Happy New Year!

I have a quick question for you Rob,
My system specs only seem to be seeing 1 of the cards. It shows up as "AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 3072 MB" but I have 2 cards installed.
Should the system spec reflect both cards?
Graphics/Displays under "hardware" shows 2 cards but both are in PCIe slot 0. Do I need to configure something else.

Cheers
J

You should see two cards in the System Information panel as below

Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 17.21.34.png

Not sure what you mean by "system specs only seems to be seeing 1 of the cards."

I have never configured anything on the cards.

Rob

You should see two cards in the System Information panel as below

View attachment 169986

Not sure what you mean by "system specs only seems to be seeing 1 of the cards."

I have never configured anything on the cards.

Rob
Here are two screen shots. One of the About This MAC and one of the Graphics cards.IMG_2933.jpgIMG_2934.jpg

Shouldn't the About This MAC show closes to 6000mb Vram? They are 3GM of RAM each.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back