555m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I installed El Capitan recently using the recommended method here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

and I installed my Powercolor R9 390 using fake id "0x67B01002" and FBName "Radeon". OSX will run perfectly fine for a while (No stuttering + smooth animations and such) but after a while, OSX will crash (The mouse moves but I cannot click anything and the cursor may eventually turn into a spinning beachball.)

I tried adding the fakeids to the kexts and such but no luck (AMD8000 and AMDRadeonX4000 kexts)

OSX will not crash whenever I am not using the graphics card

My motherboard is Asrock H97m Anniversary. Any ideas?

i5-4590
Powercolor PCS+ 390
Asrock H97m Anniversary

Thanks

I'm currently using the G1 gaming 390 from Gigabyte in El Cap and I had to modify the x4000, 8000 and 9000 kexts using the id of 0x67B11002. It now recognizes the the card but it does not show up in LuxMark 3.1 in the gpu section but shows up in the about this mac section and display settings are finally working right. Hope that helps a bit but I think we are both looking for a complete answer.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll try out the "0x67B11002" Fakeid and try modifying the 9000 kext.

If this doesn't work, I might try Yosemite instead...

Hello, I have the same video card and CPU, I want to install OS X el Capitan, can you post some pictures of the changes you made to get the card working please?

Thanks

I'm currently using the G1 gaming 390 from Gigabyte in El Cap and I had to modify the x4000, 8000 and 9000 kexts using the id of 0x67B11002. It now recognizes the the card but it does not show up in LuxMark 3.1 in the gpu section but shows up in the about this mac section and display settings are finally working right. Hope that helps a bit but I think we are both looking for a complete answer.

How does one go about doing this? I've gotten it to work with the dvi only using the fakeid mentioned, but want to try to get the hdmi working as well.

Got any luck with that?

I'm currently using the G1 gaming 390 from Gigabyte in El Cap and I had to modify the x4000, 8000 and 9000 kexts using the id of 0x67B11002.

I've the same card. I did not change any kext, just FakeID, InjectAMD and FB=Radeon in config.plist. Everything seems to be running fine so far.
Btw: I used FakeID '0x67B01002'.

It now recognizes the the card but it does not show up in LuxMark 3.1 in the gpu section but shows up in the about this mac section and display settings are finally working right. Hope that helps a bit but I think we are both looking for a complete answer.

What do you mean 'does not show up in Luxmark'? Here Luxmark recognizes a 'Hawaii Pro Prototype'. But the shown clock speed is only 150 MHz and the benchmark result is worse than before with a Radeon 6770.
Could this be related to the not patched kexts? If yes, could you please provide a hint on how to patch the kexts?

Attachments

• Luxmark Simple - Radeon R9 390.png
    Luxmark Simple - Radeon R9 390.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 233
FakeID, InjectAMD and FB=Radeon in config.plist. Everything seems to be running fine so far.
Btw: I used FakeID '0x67B01002'.

I just wanna tell everyone that this DOES work on further versions of El Capitan beyond 10.11.2.
I am currently running 10.11.6 and it works flawlessly.
Thank you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back