Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've got an Asus z9PA-D8 with dual E5-2670s. It's running El Capitan fine with the 750 TI by itself.

When I add the R9 390 with or without ATI injection the boot hangs. It does the same in safe mode. In verbose mode it is just a bunch of garbled mess that can't be read. I'd like to be able to get this fixed that way I don't have to keep pulling the R9 390 out everytime I boot OSX.

Update. I found a post about setting the display priority to the onboard graphics. I did this. It boots with both cards, however, the only display connector that is working is the onboard.

Last edited:
I've got an Asus z9PA-D8 with dual E5-2670s. It's running El Capitan fine with the 750 TI by itself.

When I add the R9 390 with or without ATI injection the boot hangs. It does the same in safe mode. In verbose mode it is just a bunch of garbled mess that can't be read. I'd like to be able to get this fixed that way I don't have to keep pulling the R9 390 out everytime I boot OSX.

Update. I found a post about setting the display priority to the onboard graphics. I did this. It boots with both cards, however, the only display connector that is working is the onboard.

SOLVED. Set onboard graphics as priority. Reinstall Nvidia web drivers. Set boot argument as nvda_drv=1

could you possibly post some details about installing el capitan?
whatever i do i not get past the PCI configuration thing. do i need to
remove all graphics card for installation first? is there any other trick?
bootflags? thanks!

Please can you share the config.plist/DSDT/SSDT for this setup, it is exactly the same as mine, yet I'm struggling to get speedstep to work and same PCI configuration on startup (although my card is a nvidia geforce 610)

i also need this guide man u r genius.

Please can you share the config.plist/DSDT/SSDT for this setup, it is exactly the same as mine, yet I'm struggling to get speedstep to work and same PCI configuration on startup (although my card is a nvidia geforce 610)
GT 610 doesn't work in macOS Sierra

SOLVED. Set onboard graphics as priority. Reinstall Nvidia web drivers. Set boot argument as nvda_drv=1

Hey i´ve got the Z9PA-D8C with 2x E5-2670 but can´t get graphics to work.

The onboard VGA works fine, Ethernet too. Only the GPU support is missing...

Have a GTX 770 and GT 730 available - tried them separately on both slots with the usual boot args:
npci=0x3000 or 2000 / PCIRootUID=1
but had no success...

I get kernel panics either before or after the "PCI Configuration begin" step.

Use the newest Clover and 10.12
Tried the SMBIOS of Mac Pro 5,1 / 6,1 (doesn´t make a difference).

Could you PLEASE share your steps, config and kexts/ssdts/dsdt if you got Sierra running? It´s so hard to find help for this board...

Hey you´re the only one i could find that got graphics working with this card. Could you please share what you did that got you past the [PCI Configuration begin] line?

BIOS Options? Clover Config? Please share you what already know so other people can benefit from your experience!

Can you help me to make Nvidia Card work perfectly on Z9PA-D8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back