Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

Thanks to this forum and some other resources, I've managed to go from Hackintosh zero to running system in just a few hours.

I got my AMD R9 290 working by using clover and editing the amd8000controller.kex to use the device ID for the card: 67B0 (67B1 appears to be the ID for the R290x). Also using this in Fake ID under ATI in the configure file (editing using clover configurator). It appears as a HD8xxx series card with 4096MB.

System is stable and graphics perform is great.

However, I decided to convert my old mining rig (Litecoins) into a Hackintosh in order to get some great Final Cut Pro X performance. My 2011 MBP is decent (upgraded like crazy), but there is only so much the onboard HD6770M can do.

So...the problem is that FCPX will not use the R9 290 at all. I could use some help on a) if there is any chance of getting FCPX to use the card and b) if so, how?

Much searching and googling has thrown up a blank, but perhaps you good chaps know?

Thanks for the help.

Hi guys,

Thanks to this forum and some other resources, I've managed to go from Hackintosh zero to running system in just a few hours.

I got my AMD R9 290 working by using clover and editing the amd8000controller.kex to use the device ID for the card: 67B0 (67B1 appears to be the ID for the R290x). Also using this in Fake ID under ATI in the configure file (editing using clover configurator). It appears as a HD8xxx series card with 4096MB.

System is stable and graphics perform is great.

However, I decided to convert my old mining rig (Litecoins) into a Hackintosh in order to get some great Final Cut Pro X performance. My 2011 MBP is decent (upgraded like crazy), but there is only so much the onboard HD6770M can do.

So...the problem is that FCPX will not use the R9 290 at all. I could use some help on a) if there is any chance of getting FCPX to use the card and b) if so, how?

Much searching and googling has thrown up a blank, but perhaps you good chaps know?

Thanks for the help.

Can you try to play dota 2 and check out it exhibit any graphical glitch? My R9 290 experience bizarre glitch in multiples games...:)

Will check that out for you when I get a moment to download it. In the meantime, anyone got any ideas about the R9 290 and Final Cut Pro X?

Will check that out for you when I get a moment to download it. In the meantime, anyone got any ideas about the R9 290 and Final Cut Pro X?

I'm grateful that you willing to test out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back