Motherboard
Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
R9 270
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey guys, i've taken a shot at installing Mojave. Everything seems fine, except the Graphics part. I've tried 2 things to get my old R9 270 to work:

1. Add my device id 0x68111002 to AMD7000Controller.kext, AMDRadeonX4000.kext and AMDRadeonX4000HWServices.kext. I rebuild caches with KextUtility and after the restart, i get no login screen. It gets stuck in verbose. If i tap the keyboard i can hear and error sound like i was on the login screen, but there's no graphics, just verbose text. This technique used to work on High Sierra.

2. I tried injecting a supported device id (0x68101002) with clover. This works, I get video acceleration and the GPU is correctly identified in System Information, but it takes 30+ seconds to get to the login screen after everything was loaded.

Do you have any hints or suggestions on what to do next?
Thanks!

Have you tried Lilu and Whatevergreen instead of patching core OS kexts?

Thanks for you answer Khaibit!

Well I had them installed, but I wasn't where to go from there. Nothing happened, my card was not recognized, so i removed WhateverGreen. Lilu is still installed.

I like the injecting the fake device id and Injecting ATI idea. I don't understand why it takes so long to boot with this method. This happened in High Sierra too. I must be doing something wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back