Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
System Spec:

Intel i7 860
P55M-UD4
G-Skill 4Gb DDR3 1600MHz cas7 ram

ok, so i installed OS X without to much trouble. However I have to have the iboot disk in the drive to load up the computer. I can use the Hard Disk to boot from once the disk is in there. If the disk is not there it stops and says System uptime in nanoseconds: 5086401842.

Also in the about my mac section it says that i have DDR2 667MHz ram and not my DDR3's

Finally, even though i have updated the smbios.plist so it says 1793, it still thinks in using a Quad-core intel xeon processor.

Im also having a few problems with the disk drive not opening all the time but that can wait for now.

Any help would be VERY well received. Thanks

Coheed said:
System Spec:

Intel i7 860
P55M-UD4
G-Skill 4Gb DDR3 1600MHz cas7 ram

ok, so i installed OS X without to much trouble. However I have to have the iboot disk in the drive to load up the computer. I can use the Hard Disk to boot from once the disk is in there. If the disk is not there it stops and says System uptime in nanoseconds: 5086401842.

Also in the about my mac section it says that i have DDR2 667MHz ram and not my DDR3's

Finally, even though i have updated the smbios.plist so it says 1793, it still thinks in using a Quad-core intel xeon processor.

Im also having a few problems with the disk drive not opening all the time but that can wait for now.

Any help would be VERY well received. Thanks

Coheed,
Are you using F8 or F9 BIOS ?
Does the DSDT match your BIOS version ?

Please reset your BIOS to optimized settings, reboot, and then set everything as I posted here: viewtopic.php?p=13521#p13521

Good Luck,
Lnx2Mac

i have the same mobo/cpu and used lnx2mac's info to set my machine up. been running great for about a month now. GB64 of 10300!!!

Hey thanks for the reply. It says im using BIOS version 3. Not to sure what this means but is there a way i can change that?

In BIOS setup screen press F9 to bring up system information.

Look for BIOS Version Main: Fx

Where Fx needs to be at least F8. If it isn't update it to F9 the latest.

ok ive downloaded the new f9 bios. ive put it on a usb stick. Q-FLASH in BIOS recognises that there is a usb drive there but it wont read the f9.exe file on the stick.

the file you want to put on the stick is contained within the executable file you downloaded from the net.

Don't just transfer the file you downloaded straight onto the stick.

Its a self extracting archive which should be run under Windows (where oddly enough it'll urm.. self extract) or can be extracted by Keka etc on a Mac

once you have access to the extracted contents, the file you need in there will be the one that ends .f8 or .f9 or .f10 etc depending on the BIOS version it is. That's the file you want to copy onto the memory stick

After you've flashed the BIOS and restarted the machine you'll want to go back into the BIOS and load optimized defaults, set AHCI back on for the drive controllers, set HPET 64 bit (and disable floppy drive and onboards serial port if you haven't got/arent using them)

ok now running f9. thanks. is still wont load up without the iboot disk in the drive though. it just starts loading and then gets stuck saying -

System uptime in nanoseconds 29434595590

??????

right i got it working to a point. re started the whole process. used original iboot not the suported one. then installed 10.6.3 and used multibeast 2.2. that worked fine booting without the disk in but the audio didnt work. i followed what you had recommended in a previous post -

In MultiBeast select the following:

System Utilities
Advanced Options -> Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> LegacyHDA -> ALC885/ALC889a
Advanced Options -> Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> HDAEnabler -> ALC885/ALC889a (since you are not using a DSDT)

I did this and my audio worked but now usb doesn't. And since my mouse and keyboard are usb now i cant do anything. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back