Contribute
Register

quicktime error (-101) won't paly h264, mp4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using a board with no audio device built in. So I get that quicktime error (-101), general quicktime and adobe premiere error. I guess some software doesn't work without actual audio. If would be cool to have a fake audio device loaded to trick the OS.

Acting as a video container format, MP4 is the package and can contain video and audio components encoded with different types (codecs). However, QuickTime just supports a few video and audio codecs in MP4 format. That is, if the MP4 video contains QuickTime unsupported audio or video codecs, QuickTime will refuse to play this kind of MP4 files.

In order to solve MP4 won't play in QuickTime issue, we had better convert QuickTime unplayable MP4 to QuickTime supported format.

According to Apple Support Website, QuickTime can only support MPEG-4 (.mp4, .m4v), but MP4 is a complex video container with various video and audio codecs. That's why sometimes QuickTime plays MP4 well, sometimes doesn't.

Here is a solution I just found on Macrumors forum as following:

To solve QuickTime won't play MP4 issue, a strongly recommended solution is to convert all kinds of MP4 videos and movies to QuickTime more compatible formats.
Hope it will help you more or less.

QuickTime is integrated with Mac OS X, but it was once an optional component at install for earlier versions of Mac OS. QuickTime for Microsoft Windows is downloadable, either as a standalone installation or bundled with iTunes. To solve the problem that quicktime can not play mp4 files,you just need a video converter to do it .

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4sil5p/audio_mechanic_old_patchfix_removal_applealc/

This guide solved my problems!

In my case, it was audio related. Turns out I didn't have my speakers plugged in to audio port (green), so no audio device was detected. Once plugged in and system rebooted QuickTime worked fine.

And some years after the same just happened to me, this solved my issue. I had the usb dongle disconnected, connected back in and no more error 101!

Thanks

Just Update iTunes From App Store.. You are done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back