CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 1080ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. I did a clean install of Lion on a new system. It boots fine, graphics seem to be working with no problems, the only thing is that quicktime X gives me a (-101) error when I try to play h264 or mp4 files (apple.com/trailers for example), however it does play ProRes files. Quicktime 7 will play the files that X won't, but lags for a few seconds before beginning playback.

I have installed the DSDT for my system, and am using Chimera v1.4.1 r877. I tried updating to 1.5.4 but I would lose video once it reached the login screen after boot, so I reverted to v1.4.1

I have noticed that it will flash "unsupported card" during boot...

System specs:
GA-H55M-UD2H-F9
i3-540
Diamond Radeon HD 6450
2gb patriot
32gb SSD boot drive

Any help would be great

I tried formatting and reinstalling Lion on this drive - same problem occurs. However I have done installations with this same Lion installer that didn't have this problem....

I even put this drive into another hackintosh I built with completely different hardware and the same problem occurs. Here are the specs of the other machine:

i7 980X
GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0) FF
XFX Radeon HD 5770
3X4GB Corsair

So as far as I can tell, the only things that could possibly be causing the problem are the drive itself or the DSDT (which I got from the DSDT database), or maybe somehow the lion installer damaged itself since the last time I used it... So frustrating...

Any help would be much appreciated

Edit: I just tried changing the DSDT to a version for a newer BIOS, same problems.

not that it solves your problem...but what happens when you use VLC?Thanks
R.

Same problem here. Fresh Lion install, 10.7.2. VLC works fine for all files. Verified files play with QTX on other machines (MacBook white 2007). Just installed Chimera 1.7.0.

Intel i5-2500k
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 F11
Integrated graphics (Intel HD 3000)
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 8GB

Happened to me today. Fresh Lion install as well.

What happens if you use GraphicsEnabler=Yes?

These issues are usually graphics related. Is your DVD player working? Chess?

In my case, it was audio related. Turns out I didn't have my speakers plugged in to audio port (green), so no audio device was detected. Once plugged in and system rebooted QuickTime worked fine.

big up bungduh!!! :headbang:

had the same problem. reattached my speakers, rebooted and bingo. thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back