i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I've noticed lately that my movie files in Quicktime buffer or freeze up when I try to play two simultaneously. I had done this before, but never had issues. I often compare two versions of a movie that I've downloaded to decide which one to keep. They are mostly encoded in H.264 AAC 1920X1080p around 30fps.

I am running an Ivy Bridge with a R9 280X on High Sierra. This never happened before High Sierra (although I've been using it since day 1). Further, my GPU acceleration seems to be working properly because the benchmarks in Luxmark, Cinebench, and Uniheaven are all at or better than my previous benchmarks. It also doesn't seem to be due to the drive it is on (I have a RAID 0 with two HDD's, but I've tried copying my files to my SSD and the same thing happens). Any ideas? If the GPU benchmarks aren't impacted, not sure what else it could be. Thanks.

Hey Killacam7478 I have the same system as yourself, except I have the 3770k.. same video card R9 280x 3gb.. Can you provide instructions for your install/post install of High Sierra... or provide your EFI with your serial scratched out...

Hey, I forgot to reply to Janna, but no, still have the issues. Maybe my GPU just isn’t capable as it ages vs new OS updates? Still a lot of lag / buffering.... gpu benchmarks look ok, which is what makes me think my install / setup is okay.

Did u guys solve it?
So I don't think it's hardware acceleration if everything else seems to run smoothly. Any thoughts on what else my issue might be? I feel like this only started with High Sierra.

So I don't think it's hardware acceleration if everything else seems to run smoothly. Any thoughts on what else my issue might be? I feel like this only started with High Sierra.

What I found out is that with both iGPU+GPU I get H.264 acceleration but no H.265, but if I only use GPU and no iGPU, it renders H.265 much faster with acceleration BUT, it freezes or fail when I try to render H.264.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back