Contribute
Register

Quicklook Doesn't Preview jpgs, mp3 nor mp4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's known that XFX cards are giving problems. I have an Asus RX570 Strix 4G OC card with a OCZ 600W Power unit. I believe that the RX580 is more hungry but 750W is more than enough.

Just got done upgrading , but had preview issues. Realized that I didn't inject intel (clover config) and set it to IGFX in bios. Now preview works perfectly fine. Check under Graphics in System info to make sure if you have a Haswell 14,2 that you're displaying the correct IGPU as HD4600 if its unknown maybe check to make sure you've done everything in bios and config to enable it. once it was enabled everything seemed to work when using the SPACE BAR to preview image or actually open up Preview.app without it (not responding) good luck- Oh plus I was using an RX580 =)

I just did like you said and Preview and Quicklook now work perfectly with JPEGs.
For Product model I use iMac 18.2
Thank you :)
Update: After I was update to 10.14.1, I had to edit Info.plist again and it works again

Anyone have a write up on getting preview working? I see a LOT of ways people have tried, didn't know if anyone has a "work for all" yet. Was running HS, upgraded to Mojave this afternoon, everything works except preview locks on jpgs, PDFs working fine.

Thanks, I'll give Lilu a shot. I turned on IGPU in my bios, even set it to default display, still didn't fix my issue.

No go on Lilu either. Not real fond of going in and changing my SMBIOS, but might be my only choice. Running iMac 14,2 now.

Actually got it, I installed the Lilu add-on thinking I already have Lilu installed, and I didn't. Once I got Lilu installed, preview is working fine now.

Last edited:
Does the attached version work?
Default Clover/InjectIntel properties causes very slow boot on my system, InjectIntel=false + WhateverGreen might work better. Maybe consider using a desktop ig-platform-id with zero connectors.

Your latest version 3.0 works for me. So I finally disabled the Intel GFX again. macOS never used it anyway, it has just to be there to be able to view jpeg images. So stupid:banghead: .

Wouldn't it be possible to make just a Clover patch for it instead of a kext?

Wouldn't it be possible to make just a Clover patch for it instead of a kext?
Lilu is patching a string "jpeg" -> "jpex" in AppleVPA framework, its not a kernel or kext patch.

Enabling iGPU in BIOS worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back