Contribute
Register

Quicklook Doesn't Preview jpgs, mp3 nor mp4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mspec well I got 6,1 to boot by changing the Board-ID to Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61
Are you using the default board ID?

unfortunately preview still locks up with or without IGPU.... ugh.

assuming your specs are right; you should boot without a problem on 6,1 with a default board ID (iGPU disabled), serial ports disabled in your bios. can you share your config.plist and/or efi so we can check what is wrong ?. also remove whatevergreen if you got it loaded. use latest clover. what is in your drivers64uefi? are you using AptioMemoryFix-64.efi? and deleted old files like OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi?. check on those things.

Last edited:
assuming your specs are right; you should boot without a problem on 6,1 with a default board ID (iGPU disabled), serial ports disabled in your bios. can you share your config.plist and/or efi so we can check what is wrong ?. also remove whatevergreen if you got it loaded. use latest clover. what is in your drivers64uefi? are you using AptioMemoryFix-64.efi? and deleted old files like OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi?. check on those things.

Honestly his system should boot with just about any Mac Pro, iMac, or Mac mini SM. I recently checked pretty much every SM there is just for the sake of checking them. What I found was that any iMac needed Whatevergreen to get all DP ports working, but all the Mac's that did not come with a screen the DP would work, so all the Mac Pro, and Mac mini. Also I tried preview that seemed to work on all iMac and Mac Pro SM.

Going into vet is, 6,1 would not load and it said unsupported version. Makes sense with Mojave.

I don’t have any of the kexts you listed.

I’ll post the confit.plist first chance I get.

@ekohn00 here is my efi where everything works. Note this works for my system so your milage may vary.

Attachments

• Test efi.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 92
@Mspec thanks for the share. at first look, your running more kexts, and the ACPI, boot and smbios sections are different.
First test - just replace config.plist worked. Now to narrow down why......

@Mspec again thanks for the share. turns out it was only the SMBIOS section that made a difference, not sure why when I set it in clover to 6,1 it wouldn't work. I copied and pasted your SMBIOS into my config.plist and it seems to work. no changes between us otherwise.

@ekphn00 , no worries to be honest I just notice we are running the exact same setup except mine is the 7 and yours is the 5 lol. Will be able to help each other out when things turn to **** :)

@ekphn00 , no worries to be honest I just notice we are running the exact same setup except mine is the 7 and yours is the 5 lol. Will be able to help each other out when things turn to **** :)

I was looking at the config you upload just to see if there was anything in there different from mine. I noticed that you use Fixshutdown, at some point I unchecked that option. My system still shuts down but all the lights go off also, only in sleep the lights on the memory stay on but the rest of them go off also, before the always stayed on. I am not sure that you need fix shutdown on your board with Mojave. You have some other stuff in there also that I have removed but I am not really sure what exactly it does or why one would need it.

Also I noticed in your Patched folder you have a Vega FBname kamarang you prob do not need that since you are using an RX580 not a Vega. You prob do not need the Vega 56 fan ktext either not sure it works in Mojave anyways. In your Other folder you could drop Codeccommander, RealtekTRL8111, not sure you need Shiki either. This looks like my old EFI from before Mojave and before I started deleting stuff that did not appear to be doing anything.

Last edited:
Yes I do have to go through and remove everything that is not needed anymore, The fixshutdown was from High Sierra I think and my old hardware as when you shut down it would just restart itself.

I just have to stop being lazy and clean everything out.

Going into vet is, 6,1 would not load and it said unsupported version. Makes sense with Mojave.

I don’t have any of the kexts you listed.

I’ll post the confit.plist first chance I get.

you are not reading my post right or taking my advice and help. hope you got it solved ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back